ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (152/187) > >>

jadinolf:
Hi there. My name is Joe and I live in Ojai, Southern California. I am 78 years old and have been retired almost 19 years.

I was born in Norwalk, CT and left home after High School to join the Air Force. Served for 4 years, a good portion of which was spent in what was called French Morocco. The end of my brief career was spent in Washington D.C.

After the Air Force I went to college and then on to four different semiconductor companies.

In 1960, I hopped in my car and drove to Southern California to work at another semiconductor company.

I married a young lady by the name of Karen in 1964 and we had a son, Joe Junior.

In 1977, I resigned my job and bought a retail electronics store here in Ojai. Sold the business in 1986.

Karen died of cancer in 1988. She was 46.

After that, I took the position of Purchasing Manager and head flunky for a local golf bag business. Yearly sales were 13 million. I hated this place almost from the day I took the job but I was 55 years old and try to find a job at 55. I resigned (retired) on September 3, 1993 - one day short of 4 years and 1 month at the place.

I must have had some skill because two other companies asked me to consult for them which I did (of course).

Then after that I really retired and have lived here alone since then.

In my retail electronics store we did sell computers but I knew very little about them. Anyway, I bought  my first Windows 3.1 computer in November of 1995. It had all of 16 Megs of memory and cost US $1700.

Since then, I have built several computers and have 5 desktops in use right now. I need 5 desktops like I need a hole in my head. Maybe I do. ;D

My latest build was my first REAL computer - Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, i5, 8G of memory, SSD. beautiful machine and cost a lot of money. I hope I live long enough to get some use out of it.

That's about it.

I think some of you have seen my Basset Hound buddy, Fred. He is good company but is spoiled rotten. I have no idea who did that to him.

Curt:
-really interesting read, Joe, jadinolf. Thank you, and Welcome!  :up:

---------
Your post made me of course go search for Fred:

Fred: >Re: Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..<
--- End quote ---

tomos:
... my Basset Hound buddy, Fred. He is good company but is spoiled rotten. I have no idea who did that to him.
-jadinolf (July 11, 2012, 11:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

lol.

jadinolf:
... my Basset Hound buddy, Fred. He is good company but is spoiled rotten. I have no idea who did that to him.
-jadinolf (July 11, 2012, 11:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

lol.
-tomos (July 12, 2012, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D

jadinolf:
-really interesting read, Joe, jadinolf. Thank you, and Welcome!  :up:

---------
Your post made me of course go search for Fred:

Fred: >Re: Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures..<
--- End quote ---