topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?  (Read 1020756 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome, lofty.  Seeing your name reminded me of an album I like by Harry Connick Jr. called Lofty's Roach SoufflĂ©.  Make sure to read the "Story of the album" section on the Wikipedia entry.   :D

larryhawkins

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi all I am a 67 yr old male from Louisville KY.  Have been retired since 9/2001.  Was product design engineer in prior life.  Now I do a lot of home makeover and surf the web went time allows.  Found this site from one of the newsletters that I subscribe too.  Looks interesting and enjoyed reading some of the posts in this section ... not sure what I hope to get out of it though.  I downloaded Screenshot Captor as the first program to work with.  Looks like an excellent program.  Larry   :)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi all I am a 67 yr old male from Louisville KY ... not sure what I hope to get out of it though.

Welcome, Larry!

I hope you get a lot out of DC.  Screenshot Captor is a good start  :Thmbsup:

Browse around the various forums/topics, and don't hesitate to join in!

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome Larry!

Funny. That's exactly how I got started frequenting this place. Saw it written up on a blog I liked and finally swung by to grab some software. Found the forums, liked the crowd, and been here ever since. It's been great for me. Not entirely sure I've been the same for the site.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Don't be a stranger now you've found us.  :)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi all I am a 67 yr old male from Louisville KY.  Have been retired since 9/2001.  Was product design engineer in prior life.  Now I do a lot of home makeover and surf the web went time allows.  Found this site from one of the newsletters that I subscribe too.  Looks interesting and enjoyed reading some of the posts in this section ... not sure what I hope to get out of it though.  I downloaded Screenshot Captor as the first program to work with.  Looks like an excellent program.  Larry   :)

Welcome Welcome Welcome  :D

Stick around...ya never know...you may get hooked...

DC is kind of like the Hotel California...you can check-out, but you can never leave!

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DC is kind of like the Hotel California...you can check-out, but you can never leave!
Doesn't that also apply to some terror movies? :P

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I downloaded Screenshot Captor as the first program to work with.

Doesn't that also apply to some terror movies?
So, you did watch those highly recommended Screenshot Captor movies  ;)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, My name is Rosa Taylor

Hello Rosa. Welcome to Donation Coder! :)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another photo of Frome, Somerset.  According to The Guardian, the town is now a pit stop for celebs gasping for a FairTrade mochachino on the way to Glasters...  but The Grauniad exaggerates.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another photo of Frome, Somerset.
Very nice! I've passed that place (pity about the big fan unit). 

According to The Guardian, the town is now a pit stop for celebs gasping for a FairTrade mochachino on the way to Glasters... 
Well, they are a long way Frome hom. (Looks as if the thorn has had it  >:( )

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another photo of Frome, Somerset.  According to The Guardian, the town is now a pit stop for celebs gasping for a FairTrade mochachino on the way to Glasters...  but The Grauniad exaggerates.

Frome, Somerset looks a bit like Darwin College, Cambridge:

darwin_college_cambridge_24.jpgOK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

The resemblance is more clear in my memory! Sadly, I have no pictures that get it just right... This picture is taken from Silver Street bridge.

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to all the new folks!  Happy Thanksgiving holiday, for those living in the US.

youngjohn12

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm a ph.d. student in laptop or computer technology who should have gotten his level about 5 years ago.  Tasks like this keep me regularly in debts and late Sad  matured up in nyc, now existing in area.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm a ph.d. student in laptop or computer technology who should have gotten his level about 5 years ago.  Tasks like this keep me regularly in debts and late Sad  matured up in nyc, now existing in area.

Welcome!

kyrathaba

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
youngjohn12, welcome to the site!

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Salvete!  I am a Catholic Religious Brother stationed north of Kansas City in the USA, and, aside from my religious duties, much of my work involves computers - graphic design, programming, tech-support, IT stuff.  A "brother" is like a "monk" except that, instead of living in a secluded monastery, he lives with the priests and assists them in their work.  I happen to be stationed at the headquarters for our religious order, so my computer knowledge is of benefit to the entire order.

Flat out, I love programming.  My first language is a little-known language called BCX.  However, I also code in AutoHotkey, .NET (vb), Powerpro, and javascript.  I think I am going to learn the syntax for C#, however.

Being a religious brother, I have the three vows: Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience, so whatever I do must be approved by my superior.  Likewise I have no income, and all my time and mind is devoted to the Church.  However, sometimes I make applications to aide my own work, and as they may be valuable to other people, so I am interested in sharing, and have no mind to make any money doing it, hence my "introduction" here in DC! 

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to the site, BGM!  :Thmbsup:

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Donate to Member
Thanks, Mouser!  I have actually been poking around here for a long time.  My profile shows I joined in April 06, 2008!  It is actually from Skrommel's apps that I took to learn AutoHotkey, which I use in my actual work.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@BGM - welcome indeed! For once somebody with an unusual (for me at least) occupation. I don't recognize the crest however. Is that your Order or just something you use? :)

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Donate to Member
No, the image isn't for my order; it is a symbol for the Blessed Virgin.  Our web site is: http://www.sspx.org.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
No, the image isn't for my order; it is a symbol for the Blessed Virgin.  Our web site is: http://www.sspx.org.

Thanks! You'd think after eight years of Dominican nuns in grammar school - and eight years of Jesuits between High School and undergraduate College I'd know that wouldn't you?
 ;D

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Welcome.
As a swiss native, I had a bit of a "hang on" moment when looking at that site... I remember all this. Had no idea there'd be US communities and all, but of course there would.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
Hello everyone!
« Reply #722 on: April 07, 2012, 09:14 AM »
Hello all. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I am a IT Administrator/Programmer for an insurance company. I really enjoy making software and my job. I have a few free utilities and one shareware utility (but may be released as freeware). They are listed on my About.me page [about.me/vds]. One (Self Note) was based off of fSekrit as I wanted to see if I could make something like it. I have a bunch of other apps that I never finished, but may finish and post here. Please take a look and let me know what you think!

Redhat

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #723 on: April 07, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Hi Chris, welcome to Donation Coder  :Thmbsup:

You have some nice looking stuff, I'll take a look! Everyone is great around here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it  :D

What language(s) do you use for your apps?

Matt

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #724 on: April 07, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Hallo!

I'm not sure I understood your home page. Where are the shareware utilities?