ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (134/187) > >>

rjbull:
I think that a photograph is like seeing the world through other people's eyes, that's why I don't find my own photos very interesting ;)-jgpaiva (February 08, 2011, 12:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I once heard a photographic club judge say he liked a photo that told a story.  I've always thought I'd rather have a photo that could inspire a story  :)

I could easily imagine that church as filming location for a few fantasy/medieval movies!
--- End quote ---

Nobody seems to know when the church was built; it looks to be part-Saxon, so it's over a thousand years old.  That makes it old enough for the Middle Ages, and then some!  Movie makers would find too many modern graves in the churchyard to make things easy, but no doubt they'd cope, and longer shots would be fine.  We rarely get hoar frost like that, though.

Gailin:
I feel like I am at an AA meeting.
Hi my name is Ron, and I am a geek.  (murmur of hi Ron can be heard)

Seriously though, I am 33 and live in Arizona.  I have been architecting, building, supporting or testing software for about 15 years.  I currently work from home full time for a large financial technology company and spend my free time being a dad.  For the past few years my work has been primarily focused on performance engineering of enterprise Java applications and testing of our software products.  

For the last year and a half I have been disabled while fighting Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, and am currently still in the thick of that battle.  One of the things this has allowed me to do is have a little time to perhaps rekindle the fire that brought me into programming in the first place.  And seeing the great signal-to-noise ratio of the forums and the impromptu style coding opportunities is kind of exciting.  Who knows, I may quickly learn how to take advantage of AHK more and throw together some fun and hopeful useful utilities.  Something to reverse my oft said phrase, "Nothing kills a hobby like making it your day job."

Thanks you for providing the forums and software that inspire a geek like me to break out a text editor again.

Ron

Update: Just noticed that I am reply # 666  wonder if that means anything. 

cranioscopical:
# 666  wonder if that means anything-Gailin
--- End quote ---

Means you're very welcome here and we hope you have a devil of a good time!

40hz:
@Gailin - welcome an well met!  Always a pleasure to hear a new voice entering the conversation.  :)

CodeTRUCKER:
# 666  wonder if that means anything-Gailin
--- End quote ---

Means you're very welcome here and we hope you have a devil of a good time!
-cranioscopical (February 14, 2011, 07:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps you could demonstrate to the newcomer exactly what you mean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version