ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (133/187) > >>

tomos:
I could have done without the wires
-rjbull (December 10, 2010, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think they're fine - they even look green which gives them a nice oxidised copper look.
They can disrupt an image, but there's a bit of an obsession with getting rid of them when it's often not necessary imo - I like reality :)
Here's a view from my window, with loads of wires... :)

rjbull:
a view from my window, with loads of wires... :)
-tomos (December 10, 2010, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
You've done a nice job of turning them into a feature!  :)

jgpaiva:
another beautiful image - very classically 'English' looking :)
-tomos (December 10, 2010, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks  :)  I could have done without the wires; maybe should have walked closer, but that might have changed everything else.  Had to have a go, though; we very rarely see hoar frost like that in this country.
--- End quote ---
Fantastic image! For some reason, it first gave me a romantic feel, and the second time I looked, it changed to scary :P
ps: I had to go back and look for the wires ;)

rjbull:
another beautiful image - very classically 'English' looking :)
-tomos (December 10, 2010, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks  :)  I could have done without the wires; maybe should have walked closer, but that might have changed everything else.  Had to have a go, though; we very rarely see hoar frost like that in this country.
--- End quote ---
Fantastic image! For some reason, it first gave me a romantic feel, and the second time I looked, it changed to scary :P
ps: I had to go back and look for the wires ;)
-jgpaiva (February 07, 2011, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you mean my photo, rather than tomos', then thanks!  :)  I believe that what you get out of a photograph depends on what you bring to it - and by the same token, you photograph things, and photograph them in particular ways, depending on what sort of person you are, and what's in your mind.  I've always had a strong liking for fantasy and science fiction, so maybe that's part of where your dual response came from  :)

jgpaiva:
[yes, I meant your photo, rjbull ;)]

:) That makes sense, I think that a photograph is like seeing the world through other people's eyes, that's why I don't find my own photos very interesting ;)
I could easily imagine that church as filming location for a few fantasy/medieval movies!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version