ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (90/187) > >>

40hz:
I am still in search of finding the right career for me, that will allow me to express my creativity, express my ability to teach others, and allow me to continue to grow in knowledge about computer related things or all things in general. These are really the things that matter most to me
-Kamel (January 01, 2009, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

good luck with that Chad, still looking around myself too ...
-tomos (January 01, 2009, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

The best comment I ever heard made about that "problem" was in an imagined commencement speech written by journalist Mary Schmich.

(BTW: This same "speech" was also wrongly attributed to Kurt Vonnegut after a hoaxer put it up on the net saying it was given by Vonnegut at MIT's commencement.)

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The
most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with
their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.

--- End quote ---

I derive a great deal of comfort from those words.  ;);D 8)

Darwin:
I epitomize those words (being weeks away from 40 myself) and, like you, derive a lot of comfort from them as well  :)

Kamel:
Thanks for your encouraging words everyone. I surely appreciate it. I hope to score high on the list of interesting people as the journalist put it.

It is my ultimate goal to give to this world a legacy, one which will be lasting and good. I want to improve all that I can while I'm here and would like to be remembered, but it seems finding a way to excersize such thing can be difficult. I truly believe I am able to do many things, if only I had the time and resources to do so hah. I guess that is really how many people feel though. It is unfortunate that usually the ones with the desire/ability to make such positive changes in the world don't have the resources, and those who do have the resources and power to make those changes do things for all of the wrong reasons. To be quite honest, their success is usually a byproduct of this attitude.

I suppose there are those who do not care about the world and its direction but rather live in it and enjoy what they can get out of life and those who do care about the world and find enjoyment from solving issues and providing their talents to help others. I would fall into the latter category.

Oh well, I'll shut up now. I seriously doubt many people want to continue reading my ranting lol.

Carol Haynes:
If it is any consolation I am 50 and still scratching my head ... I figure 60 is the new 30 ;)

Darwin:
If it is any consolation I am 50 and still scratching my head ... I figure 60 is the new 30 ;)
-Carol Haynes (January 12, 2009, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D It's certainly looking that way. They've done away with mandatory retirement in my province (BC) and dammit if people in my area aren't staying with their jobs past 65  :( I'm looking at re-training...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version