ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (80/187) > >>

Shades:
Hi all,

Shades is the nick...Gerold Manders is my non-electronic name.
My origins: born and lived in Holland for 32 years and gladly escaped to South America for 3 years now (already). No real programming skill, but I have my way around computers since I first touched one (Commodore64) ;)

cranioscopical:
Hi Gerold!

What are the best advantages of life in SA?

Shades:
Okay, here is my list:

* Paraguay has a very nice climate (a winter's day in PGY can be a summer's day in Holland).
* In general, the people are more relaxed about life.
* Life is a whole lot cheaper (even after the 'gringo' tax).
* The quality (and abundance) of water, even though the country is 'land-locked'.
* Regarding laws and regulations: Paraguay has the laws, but its enforcers do not use them to 'choke' citizens (like in Europe).
* A sense that this part of the America's really can thrive on it's own, more and more trade treaties are made between PGY, ARG, BRA, PER, VEN, etc.
* The dancing women at carnival (they would 'wake' even dead men  ;) ).
* During the rest of the year the women here take really good care about how they look (in any age range)

cranioscopical:
I hope you have a spare room, I'm packing as I write...

Sugar:
I signed up yesterday for Social Security and will be 62 in September.  I do no coding unless it's in a webpage :).   I love this site and have donated each year I've been here so I suppose next month will be donation month?

I'm in WV on the top of a mountain.   I moved here because my husband is from here and I found out I had oral cancer.  Oral cancer and the miners in WV have more than a nodding acquaintance, so I chose a doctor here and we moved.   So far I'm doing GREAT.  I expect to see GREATER  :)

At any rate, I browse a lot, rarely post and enjoy life shooting things.  (pictures haha)

Glad to see all of you and a big hug to Mouser.

Sug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version