topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?  (Read 1019045 times)

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Competition for cranioscopical!  ;)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Competition for cranioscopical!  ;)
I think we need an anti-competition claws  :o

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I assume that a claw-suite is not something that cranioscopical would like...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
ha! they are ganging up on you now chris!

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CleverCat, Shades and now you — that's a three-piece suite.
I need an escape claws!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CleverCat, Shades and now you — that's a three-piece suite.
I need an escape claws!
-cranioscopical (October 20, 2010, 07:38 PM)

Don't give into your clawstrophobia.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Don't give into your clawstrophobia.
Okay brother, I'll return to the clawster.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
On the run from the long arm of the claw?

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You're a clawtion!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You're a clawtion!
-cranioscopical (October 21, 2010, 08:43 AM)

That's yet to be proved conclawsively.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You're a clawtion!
-cranioscopical (October 21, 2010, 08:43 AM)

That's yet to be proved conclawsively.

...careful you boys dont mutate into coleslaw there :-)
Tom

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
:-)[/b]
-tomos link=topic=124.msg221175#msg221175 dat
 ...careful you boys dont mutate into coleslaw there [b
Et tu Brute? I found the previous clawtet bad enough  :o

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I declaw a truce!  ;)

Laughing Cat 3.gif

mark1959

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Just signed up here. Looks like a friendly and useful place too.

Background - well, spent 20 yrs in IT designing, building etc. latter part on as/400 stuff.

Left It 10 yrs ago, did some other stuff and found myselfbeing drawn into web development.
Currently working for a charity but still building sites - mostly, but not all - in wordpress.

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You'll fit right in here with your background!
Welcome.gif

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Just signed up here. Looks like a friendly and useful place too.

Background - well, spent 20 yrs in IT designing, building etc. latter part on as/400 stuff.

Left It 10 yrs ago, did some other stuff and found myselfbeing drawn into web development.
Currently working for a charity but still building sites - mostly, but not all - in wordpress.

Howdy!  :D

HorseDuck

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello Everyone,
As CodeTRUCKER (my Dad) stated in introducing me and my brother (Dieselbuff) I am an over-the-road truck driver.  I started driving almost two years ago as a company driver and have since February of this year been driving for my Dad.  :Thmbsup: Some people have asked me why I drive a truck and in case some of you might wonder here's the answer.  I started riding with my Dad back when I was about six years old and road with him off and on for the next thirteen years.  I always had a thing for big machinery and trucks and riding with my dad only made my love for trucks grow stronger and I always dreamed of being the one behind the wheel of an "18-wheeler" some day! ;D  While I at the time I didn't think that it would be a dream that would come true, here I am and almost two years behind me and absolutely love it! Oh well, I guess it got in my blood from riding with dad for so long!  :D

Even though I am an over the road truck driver, the open road is not the only thing that I enjoy!  Apart from the big truck I grew up on are small family farm with chickens, ducks, a number of different cats, a dog, cows, turkeys and sheep and a family garden.  If I wasn't riding on the road with my Dad I was at home enjoying working with the animals and tending to our garden.  We didn't have any horses but I love horses and had a couple of opportunities to work with some friends of mine on a community farm where I had the opportunity to work with a team of draft horses on a community farm.  I still don't have a horse of my own yet, but I am still working toward it and I am really looking forward to when that day finally comes.  Even though I am a bit older now I still enjoy gardening and raising my own animals as well.

After a day of work on the farm I also like to pull out the instruments and play with my family.  I presently play the guitar, bass guitar, drums, piano, and banjo.  Speaking of banjo, I'll tell you a little story.  I fell in love with the banjo at a very young age after seeing a friend of mine play some bluegrass on one with some friends of his, I was about 3 1/2 or 4 years old at the time.  I really liked the banjo and wanted to get one of my own so I could start playing right away however, at that young age I was to small to even play the smallest version at that time so I resigned myself to having to wait a few years before I would be able to begin playing.  Unbeknown to me however my Dad was at work.  Seeing how much I loved the instrument and knowing that I would not be able to play until I grew a little he took about a two foot length of 1x2 i think it was and whittled it down to the shape of a banjo neck and used screw eye for the tuning pegs.  For the head he cut the bottom half of a cardboard rolled oat can, he then attached it to the small neck he had made and then used fabric like fishing line for the strings.  Once he had assembled it he presented it to me for my birthday or xmas and you would have thought he handed me the world! I instantly fell in love with "my bando" as I affectionately called it.  :-*  I don't have "my bando" any more as I absolutely wore the little instrument out but the memory is still with me and I still thank my Dad for "My Bando" on occasion.

When I am not driving a truck, working on the farm, or playing instruments I will probably be working on developing my business, Craft House Services, in which I service and repair all makes and models of sewing machines.  I don't have it yet but am going to be working on getting a website up where I will have contact information and will also be selling differing sewing products.  I will let you know once I have it up and running so any of you out there who might be into sewing can check it out and maybe find something that you could use.   :)

That is pretty much the low down on me, if I'm not working on any of the above mentioned activities I will either be posting/reading on our family forum or here at DC and if I'm not doing that, I'm sleeping!

I look forward to getting know everyone here and participating in future threads.

HorseDuck
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:41 PM by HorseDuck »

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Craft House Services, in which I service and repair all makes and models of sewing machines.
My dad had a sewing machine repair business for several years before he retired (I worked with him for awhile).

The motors are insanely expensive and frequently hard to find ... but they are also quite easy to repair/rebuild. Smooth the commentator and replace the brushes. If it was made well to start with it'll run for another forever.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
HorseDuck,

I envy your dedication. And your skills to play instruments. Good idea with the family forum. Have to remember this for when my kids get older ;). Nice to meet you anyway :)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome, HorseDuck! I'm with phitsc - impressed by your instrumental abilities; I wish I had applied myself and learned to play an instrument well when I was younger. Of course, it's never too late... Anyway, enjoy the DC experience!

Yohana

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Name: Yohana

Background: website design  8) and starting unfinished projects

hope to get to know you all :)

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome Yohana  :Thmbsup: Nice small intro there...good job I already know ya aint it lol  :D

Oldi

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi!

First i will introduce myself, my name is Mike. I´m 30 years old and i´m from Hannover Germany. I´m working as consulter and my hobbys are oldtimer. Here you can visited my site BMO and my hobby site Oldtimer Versicherung. If you need some information about oldtimers, let me know.

so long

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi!

First i will introduce myself, my name is Mike. I´m 30 years old and i´m from Hannover Germany. I´m working as consulter and my hobbys are oldtimer. Here you can visited my site BMO and my hobby site Oldtimer Versicherung. If you need some information about oldtimers, let me know.

so long

Hey, welcome to DonationCoder, nice to have you here!

Your websites look nice, cant read German so the first one didnt make sence to me, but I figure the 2nd link (http://oldtimer-versicherung.biz/) is about old cars? lol

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi!

so long

Hey, welcome to DonationCoder, nice to have you here!

Your websites look nice, cant read German so the first one didnt make sence to me, but I figure the 2nd link (http://oldtimer-versicherung.biz/) is about old cars? lol

Hi Mike, welcome to dc.
If you want to, you can promote your site(s) in the Announce Your Software/Service/Product section. Of course you can add a commercial site to your web link in your profile too (it will show under your avatar)

What oldtimer car do you have? - my car is working it's way towards being an oldtimer but isn't quite there yet ;-)
I saw an oldtimer show lately and I find I especially enjoy the cars from the seventies, probably because I can actually remember them...
Tom