topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?  (Read 1018995 times)

phoenixxinOz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi....guess I better stop lurking ( tho I don't think I'll have much to say anyway ;) )
I'm an Aussie sheila, living simply, in a ghost town in South Australia.
I love reading  on here, even tho most of it is beyond my comprehension....too many years on the clock to really get into all the coding stuff...more a "user" than a coder anyway.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi....guess I better stop lurking ( tho I don't think I'll have much to say anyway ;) )
I'm an Aussie sheila, living simply, in a ghost town in South Australia.
I love reading  on here, even tho most of it is beyond my comprehension....too many years on the clock to really get into all the coding stuff...more a "user" than a coder anyway.
-phoenixxinOz (April 20, 2009, 07:20 PM)

a belated welcome phoenixxinOz - and you wont be the only non-coder here ;)
Tom

AussieRodney

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • AussieRodney's Outback IT Service
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
And from South Australia too!  The rest of you would have no idea how important that is!

I was born there myself.   :D   And welcome.
Life is not a dress rehearsal, it's the real thing.

phoenixxinOz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the welcome Tomos and AussieRodney :D
If we had known that SA is the DRIEST state in the driest continent, we might have had second thoughts about buying our house LOL
But we do love it here....dry and all.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If we had known that SA is the DRIEST state in the driest continent, we might have had second thoughts about buying our house LOL
-phoenixxinOz (April 22, 2009, 09:29 AM)
Think of the benefits, you won't suffer from rising damp  ;)

X_FiLeS

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi I’m from Melbourne/ Australia, I was born in Holland and moved to Australia when I was 9 yo, I still follow my soccer team – “ Feyenoord “  and the English Premier League “ Man United”  I have  my own computer business now for 21 years, also I’m a Global Moderator for another site, I have been looking around your forum for a while now and I like what I see so I have donated to your site today and I hope I can contribute and get familiar with you all in time.  :)

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to DC, and not for the first time in this thread Go PSV but also Go Gunners  :D  :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 02:28 PM by rgdot »

Coeluh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Family Guy ^^
    • View Profile
    • Jeroen Coelen
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to DC, and not for the first time in this thread Go PSV but also Go Gunners  :D  :P
You can't compare PSV with Man U, cause man u is way better (because of the load of money they have). Feyenoord sucks big time this season. As they do every season:)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Interesting trivia:

I just noticed this thread was started by one Darryl, back in March of 2005. Darryl is/was the 11th person to join the forum and has only made one post: This one. He hasn't been around since January 2006 and yet this thread is constantly revisited and probably the longest and most viewed thread on the site.

Isn't it amazing the difference one person can make? Darryl's legacy has lived on throughout the years and he may not even know it.

:Thmbsup:

Proximo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Proximo Studios
    • Donate to Member
Hello everyone.

I am Proximo.  I have been using or accessing Donation Coder for some time now but I am now going to be more active. 

I am a 3D Designer/Animator by profession and my current position is Computer Aided Design Manager.  I teach Mechanical Engineers how to Design world class products in 3D.

I have been working in CAD for over 20+ years and started writing scripts to automate some task and installation routines.  I really started appreciating the ability to write something on my own that made my life easier, but never considered programming.  I simply thought it was to difficult and a scary world for me to venture into.

I became a big supporter of Open Source software and eventually found Donation Coder.  I enjoyed using the programs that others freely shared to make my life easy but I started to find that I could not always find what I wanted.  The software either had more features than I wanted or not enough.

This is where my passion for learning programming started.  I enjoyed using others programs and decided that it was time for me to learn programming and venture into this crazy world, at least from my perspective.

I am excited about learning and hopefully sharing my own programs in the future.  I decided on C# for my own reasons and I am currently in the learning process.

I want to thank all of you who share your knowledge and I wish to pay you back in a similar fashion in the future.
"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't realize they can fly like Superman."

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A belated welcome, proximo  :Thmbsup:   :)

erikts

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi! I am 36 and living in Indonesia. I am working for a financial institution. I spend most of my free-time with my girl-friend or with my computer. Here is a picture of a crowded train I use daily  :-[ :
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:16 AM by erikts »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
welcome proximo and erikts  :Thmbsup:

tranzor

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is my second hello post since my first hello was under the wrong topic. I am not a programmer in the slightest and found my way here because someone linked Mouser's 2-XL emulator on another board. I was then glad to see I found the license home for url snooper which I have used for years.

The really aggravating part is that while I was looking at some of the apps you guys have come up with, I said to myself "oh wouldn't an app for this be great",  I then got side tracked and I cannot recall for the life of me what I wanted to suggest--AHHH

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The really aggravating part is that while I was looking at some of the apps you guys have come up with, I said to myself "oh wouldn't an app for this be great",  I then got side tracked and I cannot recall for the life of me what I wanted to suggest--AHHH

hello tranzor, good to see you.. a lot of us here in the forums were side-tracked the same as you.. 8)

freevector

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi I’m from Ca, 
I am Interested in web design and graphics design ,
I launched a free vector download site called http://www.freevectordownload.com. It's a free vector images download site.
A lot of cool vectors and all of them are free for personal and commercial use.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome erikts, tranzor, and freevector! Hope to see all of you on the forum  :)

bratliff

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have been trying to leave Windows for Linux for over a year. I am running the lastest Ubuntu on a partition with Windows on another partition. Ubuntu is working for me for the most part. Peripheral drivers are the worst problem win any Linux system. Too bad you guy's don't code for Linux.

I purchased Total Commander when it was WIndows COmmander. IMHO it is a must have program. Ubuntu has a similar program called Krusader, it even has a TC mode. 

Robert in Panama, flying his remote control electric flying wings.
Retired from Texas Instruments as an electronic tech. Moved to Panama in the mountains where the weather is springlike all year around.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
welcome Robert  :)
spring all year sounds good and it looks like it's agreeing with you ;)
Tom

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Retired from Texas Instruments as an electronic tech. Moved to Panama in the mountains where the weather is springlike all year around.

Welcome Robert  :Thmbsup: Interesting background and an interesting "move" post-retirement! Welcome to DC - hope to see more of you around here  :)

GrowMap

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • GrowMap Avatar
    • View Profile
    • GrowMap: MAP Your Path to GROW Your Business
    • Donate to Member
I found you through April Russo (@app103 on Twitter) because I am both graphics and programming challenged. Well, I could learn programming but graphics....  hmmm.... I better stick to wordsmithing and driving traffic. Anyway...

I have been using Ubuntu for about a year and am always campaigning for open source and to create a better world by our choices:  supporting small businesses instead of corporations.

There are always apps I wish I had that I haven't located so if anyone wants to write some cool tools for power Social Networking users and bloggers let's collaborate. I'll explain what we need, you can code it, I'll test it (if it will run on Ubuntu or in Wine or I can borrow a Windows pc) and then I'll promote it for you. Ideally it would work in any OS.

I am also looking for some logo and graphic design people to recommend. I just published a post about that and it includes some tips about <a href="http://www.growmap.com/freelancer/">Freelancer Challenges</a>. If you have anything you want promoted or you do work worth recommending look me up. I'm @GrowMap wherever you find me online especially Twitter, FriendFeed and cliKball.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to DC, GrowMap  :Thmbsup: April is app103 around here, too!

heayanae

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hey there, seems some Aussies are here, don't see a lot of them online so this is a pleasant surprise.
I'm a retired Engineer, have a dissability (spinal) so interacting online in something worthwhile makes my day. My passion is good software, and engaging in the fight against Malware .

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome, heayanae! I'm glad you've found DC and are finding it a nice place to hang out  :Thmbsup:

jamiemac2005

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hey all, i'm Jamey, 18, a student in the UK, between high-school and uni (waiting to find out my exam results). I started my programming life with web-progamming(HTML, CSS, JS, PHP) back in 03[ish]... Since i've dabbled with loads of languages, love programming, write small utilities for personal use and some bespoke software for a few people.

I also ride BMX. Love Music(Electro/Indie/Rock/DubStep/Acoustic). I am a photographer, that kind of goes with my web-design background.

I've been helping people out at TechSupportForum.com, and started using AutoHotkey for small scripts to speed up repetetive tasks that users needed to perform to fix their pc/etc. And through AHK's script bank i found DC. Have been here a few days, not yet very active, but hope to become more active soon.

Feel free to chat =] Info on my profile.