ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (6/187) > >>

AbteriX:
Home Improvement - Tooltime - Tim Allen ( Hör' mal, wer da hämmert! )
An TV serie.
Sorry, maybe useful only only for "insiders" how had looked that  :)

rjbull:
The nearest hill is Penhill, the one to the right of it in the distance is Buckden Pike.

How about a photo of your part of Somerset?
-CarolHaynes (August 31, 2005, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, isn't Penhill a launchpad for broomstick aviators?

Sorry no photo of my part of the world - I don't have the technology...

nudone:
this isn't the view from my window but it's not far away - Alport Heights, Derbyshire, England.

the scenery is typical for around where i am but without the standing stones. oh, and several million houses popping up out of nowhere every couple of years.

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

the dude in the picture is 'Reado' a friend of mine - he's now gone missing in the good old US of A. in the unlikely event that you come across someone by the same name with an English accent (he's from Derbyshire, so he'll say things like 'Eyup me duck' and swear a lot) can you tell him to get in touch with someone back home. ta.

Carol Haynes:
Hmmm, isn't Penhill a launchpad for broomstick aviators?

Sorry no photo of my part of the world - I don't have the technology...
-rjbull (September 01, 2005, 04:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Something like that - actually the is a really good beacon site on the eastern end of the ridge (left as we are looking) which looked magnificent as the Millenium Celebrations kicked off across the UK.

You have the technology! Surely there must be an internet image you can link to of somewhere nearby ;)

You could try here for starters:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=somerset&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=somerset+photographs&btnG=Search&meta=

Carol Haynes:
this isn't the view from my window but it's not far away - Alport Heights, Derbyshire, England.

the scenery is typical for around where i am but without the standing stones. oh, and several million houses popping up out of nowhere every couple of years.

the dude in the picture is 'Reado' a friend of mine - he's now gone missing in the good old US of A. in the unlikely event that you come across someone by the same name with an English accent (he's from Derbyshire, so he'll say things like 'Eyup me duck' and swear a lot) can you tell him to get in touch with someone back home. ta.
-nudone (September 01, 2005, 06:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that - gosh haven't been to Derbyshire for ages. I love the wild feeling in winter around the Kinder area (plus the thigh deep mud ...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version