ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

<< < (21/187) > >>

Conatus:
Hello all! I'm Dennis from California. I don't work in the computer field but have been using them for a very long time. Was an electronics tech in the military and built my own Heathkit H8. LOL anyone heard of that.

mouser:
welcome to the site Conatus! (set an avatar image when you get a chance),

i remember the heatkit robots - i used to dream of having one :)
http://www.robotswanted.com/robotgallery/heathkit/

noth(a)nk.you:
I've been waiting for a nice day to post in this thread.  :)

I'm a student way up here in Fairbanks, AK; working towards B.S.'s in Elect. Engr. and Math.  I spend far too much of my time surfing the internet (who doesn't?).

I was lucky enough to choose a dorm room facing south, which on days like today gives me a glorious view of the mountains.  Here are some photos I snapped from my window this evening (linked to better, but bigger, versions).

Looking to the SE, S, and SW (sorry for the formatting here):
OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from? OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from? OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

And that little bump off to the right (see high-res) is none other than the famous Mt. McKinley.
OK - lets get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from?

ljbirns:
My name is Lew. I live in White Plains, NY.  I got started in computers when the company I worked for  ( Retail Toy Stores ) computerized with a Texas Instrument 990  in 1978. The sucker was huge,. Needed it's own room and A/C.  Total of 64 K ram. TI Basic.
In 1996 a started on a new job. Wow  12" Orange screen moniotrs and DOS 5.0.  Well now it's
2006 and at least I got them to move up to 17" color screens but were still using DOS 5.0 on the server.  At least I have a desktop with XP.

This is a terrific site.

Lew

Deozaan:
Small world it is but Canada a big country I live in Alberta about 4000kms west of Toronto.
Bebington was my home town.  But we left there when I was 5 so I remember only the bits that I've seen since then.  Not been back to UK for over ten years now.
-epopuI (April 02, 2006, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is very unlikely, but maybe it is a small world after all. What part of Alberta are you living in and how long have you been there? I became friends with a young lady who was from somewhere in southern Alberta--I can't remember the name of it without looking at a map--we lost contact years ago and I've been trying to look her up. She went to college in Lethbridge in the past few years and either lived there originally or some town relatively nearby. Anyway, her name is Kristi Derricott. Know any Derricotts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version