ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (85/106) > >>

4wd:
The version of daemon tools I just installed adds an entry in programs and features in Win7 x64 and x86.
-Josh (January 04, 2010, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think Daemon Tools try to avoid putting to easily recognisable files/links on the computer to try and avoid the continual blacklisting efforts of SecuROM and SafeDisc.

The latest version of Pro Advanced didn't put anything into Programs and Features on W7HP here.

Josh:
people who type without any sense of grammar, punctuation, proper capitalization, etc. I realize the internet has made people lazy, as has auto-correcting word processors, but that is no excuse for not adhereing to certain basic standards such as capitalizing the letter of a sentence or using apostrophes correctly, etc. I dont consider myself a grammar nazi but I do expect that people show some sort of intelligence when writing papers, posting to a forum, etc.

I realize i omitted most of that in my post, it was done ironically.
-Side Note
--- End quote ---

Innuendo:
How about 17 page long threads filled with nothing but people griping? :)

Darwin:
How about 17 page long threads filled with nothing but people griping? :)
-Innuendo (January 17, 2010, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

SKesselman:
...but I do expect that people show some sort of intelligence...
-Josh (January 17, 2010, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, you may as well lower your expectations. Most people are lazy.
Standards for writing seemed to have dropped considerably over the past few years.
Even CNN & MSNBC are guilty of this, but no one seems to care.

As long as it's not being pointed out to writers, it will just become more and more accepted.
I think Carol has described this before as, 'entropy'.

Personally, grammar & punctuation errors only bother me if I sense that a post is inconsiderate to the reader, in general.
Infrequent errors are inevitable, but lack of structure, rambling, etc., are signs of thoughtlessness IMO.
It's the writer's job - not the reader's - to make a post or article understandable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version