ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (70/106) > >>

mwb1100:
BTW, I really liked the "Slow Driver must pull over" Federal Law in the USA
-4wd (July 10, 2009, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey - what law us that?  I might have to start writin' some tickets!

4wd:
--- End quote ---

-mwb1100 (August 12, 2009, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

The last time I was in the US of A, (2003), traveling up the west coast and down through the inner-western states, there were road signs on any section of road that had a reasonable incline stating:

"It is a Federal Law that slow traffic allow other traffic to pass."

Or, along those lines.

They weren't old signs, (having been left from a bygone era, etc), and there were enough of them not to assume an isolated incidence.

This might be what I'm thinking of: Slow Vehicles Use Turnouts

I'm positive that the ones I saw stated "Federal Law" in them.

J-Mac:
--- End quote ---

-mwb1100 (August 12, 2009, 09:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Probably referring to the Uniform Vehicle Code and/or "Keep Right" laws of most states. Here's a link showing all states' Keep Right laws:  http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

Jim

SKesselman:
People who seem to think that by turning on my blinker I am telling them to "Speed up"

ARGH!!!!!!!!!    :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
-Josh (July 06, 2009, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops, I forgot to mention to Josh - if anyone's trying to switch lanes, it's a violation to keep them from doing so.
At least in California.

J-Mac:
People who seem to think that by turning on my blinker I am telling them to "Speed up"

ARGH!!!!!!!!!    :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
-Josh (July 06, 2009, 04:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops, I forgot to mention to Josh - if anyone's trying to switch lanes, it's a violation to keep them from doing so.
At least in California.
-SKesselman (August 12, 2009, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

SO many people do this that I believe it is actually unintentional with some folks. It's as if when some people realize that someone else is passing them, they think, "Oh, I must have slowed down too much... let me pick up the pace." It just happens with far too many people to be spiteful. Or maybe I am giving too much credit where it ain't due?

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version