ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (66/106) > >>

lanux128:
1. people who are intolerant of others
2. the Dutch-Sundog29 (July 07, 2009, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

i believe he is quoting from the movie, "Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)".

the full quote is like this, as spoken by Dr. Evil:
There are two types of people I hate in this world
1) People who are intolerant of others' cultures, and
2) The Dutch!

--- End quote ---

• http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295178/

J-Mac:
This one will probably get objections and numerous reasons why it is necessary, but I really, really hate it anyway:

Developers - particularly those with a catalog of exactly ONE application - who insist on having their program listed under a company name in Program Files. So as not to get personal, a "pretend" application named "Percolator" is in a Program Files folder named "JehosephatABCSoftware". Or something equally inane. Just so that when you need to find their app's folder either in Program Files or in the Docs and Settings User folder's Application Data and can't remember their stupid company's name, you can spin around like an idiot looking for it - alternating between AnyUser and your own User folder, plus the Local Settings folder. That's when you realize it is NOT in a folder named "Percolator" and you start all over again.

Grrr...

Jim

Shades:
Ooops, I can blame my lack of knowledge about movie quotes. Sorry about that.

Normally I steer away from any movie where I have to look at Mike Meyers. Jim Carrey is in that same corner...so a movie with those two would annoy me to no end!

SKesselman:
This one will probably get objections and numerous reasons why it is necessary, but I really, really hate it anyway:

Developers - particularly those with a catalog of exactly ONE application - who insist on having their program listed under a company name in Program Files.

Jim
-J-Mac (July 07, 2009, 10:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

This really bothers me, too. It is mostly for this reason I forget I even have the program (unless I use it all the time).
Equally annoying is that when I install a program, setup asks which folder in Program Files I wish to install it in : I remove the company name so that it reads:

Program files\software name

and it creates its 'company name' folder and installs it there, anyway.
Why is there even an option, if it's just going to go wherever it's going to go, anyway?

Is Program Files not really the kind of folder they're talking about or something?
Windows does have some peculiar inconsistencies, so this wouldn't surprise me if this were the case.

And what is this: no file version, no date, no nothing in the details of the installation file. I keep all of my downloaded installation files (sometimes other users want versions of software no longer available & no one has a copy). It's a pain to have to make folders with dates or versions for each setup file.

lanux128:
Normally I steer away from any movie where I have to look at Mike Meyers. Jim Carrey is in that same corner...so a movie with those two would annoy me to no end!-Shades (July 07, 2009, 10:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes Jim Carrey gets a bit of a stick for his roles but i really liked The Truman Show.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version