ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (43/106) > >>

40hz:
iPhone Evangelists. Especially since they've announced the 3GS!

(Yes it's cool, OK? Now will you shut up about it already!) ;D

"Darling, could we please not talk about your iPhone tonight?"

sazzen:
1.  That little ant (bug? tick? insect?) that Josh calls an avatar. I've tried to kill it three times.

2.  Those who correct, or just complain about, others' incorrect grammar. I have issues with commas, I know. Makes it scary to post anything. 

3. Taxes. 

4.  When I make a phone call that is answered by a recording that begins with a long list of #s to choose from, that correspond to the alternatives they offer, none of which ever meet my needs. Afraid they will hang up on me, because they have so many times before, I pick one only to be greeted by another long list of #s I can press, etc., etc., etc.  Of course, my very favorites are the ones that say, "Tell me . . . Say something like . . . "  I have never, not even once, been understood. It must be my California coast accent. These calls always end with a happy, pleasant voice saying, "Good-bye."  The voice is NOT mine.

mouser:
40hz:  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D that t-shirt is great

SKesselman:
2.  Those who correct, or just complain about, others' incorrect grammar. I have issues with commas, I know. Makes it scary to post anything. 
-sazzen (June 19, 2009, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Who cares?????? If people aren't crying about one thing, then they're crying about another. Just post!

4.  When I make a phone call that is answered by a recording that begins with a long list of #s to choose from, that correspond to the alternatives they offer, none of which ever meet my needs. Afraid they will hang up on me, because they have so many times before, I pick one only to be greeted by another long list of #s I can press, etc., etc., etc.  Of course, my very favorites are the ones that say, "Tell me . . . Say something like . . . "  I have never, not even once, been understood. It must be my California coast accent. These calls always end with a happy, pleasant voice saying, "Good-bye."  The voice is NOT mine.-sazzen (June 19, 2009, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try saying AGENT or OPERATOR or HELP at any time during these phone calls.
"Tell me . . . Say something like . . . " you don't happen to be talking about AT&T, do you? This is just too familiar.
In this case, you must speak loud, slow and with good enunciation in order for them to 'hear' you correctly.

Good luck :)

app103:
Companies that call you up just to put you on hold and then tell you that there are no available agents and to please call them back later.  :huh:

and people wonder why I hate phones?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version