ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (39/106) > >>

Innuendo:
Josh, I know it will still work once the subscription runs out, but it still annoys me whether it's a rational annoyance or not.

40hz, I'll take your word for what you are saying, especially regarding PBS, but it seems like every time I am channel surfing (or more accurately surfing the program guide) any time I notice what's on PBS, it's almost always Lawrence Welk.  ;D   And on the off-chance they do have something on that I might be interested in watching I've already watched it months/years ago on a cable channel.

And as for NPR, they may have changed, but the last time I really tried listening to them they were going through some kind of Earth Day/Hippie phase. And that's what I meant by telling people what to think. Hopefully, they are over that by now. They are going to have a hard time surviving as things shift more towards satellite & internet radio. Heck, even regular broadcast radio is feeling the pinch of those and MP3s in general. Who wants to spend an hour listing to 35 minutes of music and 25 minutes of commercials? (Yay! Another annoyance for the thread!) More and more people are heading out to the car with their MP3 player full of songs and podcasts for their drive to work or around town.

tranglos:
Okay now, let's see... Airlines, banks, the whole advertising industry, and

(Fair warning: Do not click the button lest you be annoyed yourself!)

Spoilerright-wingers (all of them), centrists (a.k.a right-wingers in sheep's clothing), authoritarian leaders, authoritarian followers, multinational corporations, media conglomerates, middlemen, murderers, women-haters, wife-beaters, rapists, child molesters, bullies, homophobes, xenophobes, wars, warmongers, chickenhawks, anyone who owns a functioning firearm or whose job description involves handling one (unless responding to a direct physical threat also involving a firearm), the stock market, the apostles of the stock market (frauds all), workplace mobbing, fencing off land, pharma corps, fast food joints, privatization of water (what's next?), sweatshops, institutional churches, any and all secret and special services, the so-called "national security" and "national interest" (always the security and the interest of those in power only), state secrets (there should be none), predominantly but not exclusively, not necessarily in that order.

Nothing that shows up on my computer could ever begin to approach any of those.

Josh:
Females, typically, who talk in a manner which results in the majority of their vocabulary being "Like, whatever, yeah". I HATE THAT! It just makes you sound stupider when you have to keep saying LIKE!!!!!

Grorgy:
Ahh tranglos, good list, but misogynists could be added i think

tranglos:
Ahh tranglos, good list, but misogynists could be added i think
-Grorgy (June 07, 2009, 06:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, the list is totally open-ended :) You are right, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version