ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (34/106) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
the heels are worn right through-Darwin
--- End quote ---
Leaving you with but a sole source of support?
-cranioscopical (June 02, 2009, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

The ambiguity is delicious!  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
MS Flight Simulator X and other software like it that assume that you are pirates so much their software is incompatible with you having CD Imaging Software on your system.

For a long time, my son's DVD drive didn't work, so I was taking his games and using VirtualDrive to image them so that he could mount them and play them.  He plays mostly older games, so it didn't really matter.  Enter Flight Simulator.  I couldn't copy it, so broke down and took a DVD drive out of a non-working case and installed it in his system.  He installs- the first DVD installs perfectly, but the second one won't mount (I guess it's the play disc).  No matter what, or how many installs, we get errors- even a blue screen!  I look it up online, and on several sites, including the MS site, there is an indication that if you have *any* imaging software (Nero, etc) installed, it won't install!  :tellme:

How far will DRM go to inconvenience their paying customers!  :mad:

f0dder:
wraith808: cases like that suck. The pirates get a much smoother ride than normal paying customers.

Took me 2 hours getting Battlefield 2142 working... and unfortunately, that's one of the cases where you can't apply a crack for that nice customer satisfaction, since most servers require the crappy PunkBuster über-validating service in order to let you play. Why bother with copy protection on a game that requires a valid cd-key in order to play online, anyway? It's so D-U-M-B! >_<

bob99:
wraith808: cases like that suck. The pirates get a much smoother ride than normal paying customers.

--- End quote ---
The pirates play with the innocent until proven guilty card.

How far will DRM go to inconvenience their paying customers!
--- End quote ---
DRM uses the guilty no matter what card, even if you can prove you are innocent!

SKesselman:
Vista annoyances:

When I download files & Windows asks me where I want to save the files, then other times it doesn't ask me at all. Were it not for FF download manager, I don't know what I'd do, because sometimes they end up in Downloads, & other times they don't. I save downloads to specific places on my drive so I can find them when I need them. Grrr...

When it does ask me where I want to save it, and I have to type the path in myself...but other times I don't: Autofill takes care of it with just a couple of keystrokes. Inconsistency annoys me.

Downloading, installing, & keep track of a thousand little utilities just to make your computer manageable. Well, this ones a combo - I guess I'm lucky these utilities are made in the first place. It's just that I usually roll my eyes when I find that I can't work this magic somewhere in Windows options.

I think those are all the gripes I have for today, thank you for listening... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version