ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (25/106) > >>

cranioscopical:
Now I could try to do it better-hz
--- End quote ---
Not bad, I think you're almost ready for the oily cart!

wraith808:
This happens to me ALL THE TIME! It hasnt happened so much with Vista as it did with XP, but lately the issues have been when the SERVEr I am playing on has an issue and restarts suddenly causing my game to crash rather than an actual game bug.
-Josh (May 24, 2009, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Server?  Are we still talking about Fallout 3?

Josh:
Battlefield 2.

J-Mac:
Here is a partial list of things that you get from all too many tech companies that piss me off. (Taken from my giant list of "Things that piss me off").

1. Pre-installed junk software that comes on new computers. (Known semi-officially as "crapware").
      a. Pre-installed junk software that is only a "free trial" and wants to upsell you at a price that is more than if you bought it otherwise.
      b. Pre-installed junk software that is difficult or impossible to uninstall.
      c. Pre-installed junk software that is a minimal or crippled version that keeps trying to upsell you an upgraded version.

2. Full, retail-priced software that has junk included in the installer that you don't want. (Yahoo Toolbar, anyone?)

3. Software that, upon installation, "breaks" other software on your computer.

4. "Sundown dates" where a software company announces that your version will not be supported after that date, forcing you to upgrade to their newer version.  Which all too often is the same as the old version but with a new look.

5. Not telling me the real full price upfront, or selling software that doesn't really work unless you purchase additional add-ons.

6. Software that phones home with more information about me than I want them to have.

7. Software that embeds itself so deeply that it cannot easily be fully uninstalled.

8. Outsourced tech support, especially to overseas companies with non-English-speaking techs reading from scripts. Especially when they give their names as Steve or Linda! (This is not a hit on the ones that are well-trained and do really help, but the ones that have no training other than reading from a very basic script, or that cannot speak nor understand my language well enough to converse).

9. Companies with confusing or misleading EULA's. (Early on says they will never give your data to another company, then later says they WILL give it to "trusted companies" only to offer you great products.)

10. Companies that sell my personal info to telemarketing firms.

11. Confusing privacy policies that appear to have been written by monkeys - and I apologize if that offends any monkeys out there.

12. Software licenses that limit installation to one computer only. (IMO all should be usable on one stationary and one mobile computer).

13. "Razor and Blades" scams wherein you are sold an inexpensive primary product that requires endless additional purchases of outrageously priced consumables.  (Inkjet printers and ink cartridges).

That's enough for here - I don't want to get too bitchy.

Jim

Josh:
People who take there time switching into the interstate/highway lanes after entering from an exit. MERGE ALREADY! YOU ARE SLOWING UP PROGRESS!!!

And all of the *#%( DAMNED ICONS that quicken places on my desktop on a clean install!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version