ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (13/106) > >>

Deozaan:
Or Bad Customer Service!  :wallbash: 

Darwin:
OK - here's another (Deozaan's post reminded me of it): big trucks with confederate flags plastered all over them. Actually, scratch that - the confederate flag being displayed at all... Why? Well, for a start, there's what it stands for (or perhaps that should read what it's come to stand for) and then there's the fact that I live in a small town in Canada. CANADA. I wonder how many people in Georgia drive around with the Red Ensign displayed on their car or truck or have it hanging in their bedroom window? Actually, in four trips to Georgia (Atlanta and Savannah) I don't remember every seeing a Canadan flag, Red Ensign or a confederate flag. Yet there are a lot of confederate flags here...

DISCLAIMER: I'm not picking on Georgia. I have family there. Blame the Dukes of Hazzard and the General Lee. Actually, that's probably why people here display the Confederate flag - they have no idea of what it stands for...

jgpaiva:
Forums whose search has the default operator OR instead of AND and that always get me 1million results and the result i'm looking for ISN'T one of those!

Deozaan:
Okay something that really annoys me that may get me in trouble because it involves some controversial topics.

When I disagree with what may be widely accepted as fact and instead of people trying logic and reason to convert me over, they just revert to name calling and totally shut me out or try to defame me simply because I have a different opinion. They make no attempt to hear my side.

I have to admit it hasn't happened to me personally, but it happens all the time to people who share my beliefs on topics such as:

Global Warming: I don't believe man has caused it and I don't believe it's really such a catastrophe that everyone is worried about. Yet people who share these beliefs are often ridiculed as hating the planet, being wasteful, harming the environment, and some Kennedy dude recently even said to someone with these beliefs that they should be tried for treason.

Gay marriage: People like me who don't believe gay marriage should be legally allowed are often called homophobic, and hateful. I have my reasons for thinking this is a bad idea, but these sorts of topics are kind of off limits to the forum. I just want to say that I'm not homophobic or hateful toward homosexuals. I have friends who are gay, have met gay people in the workplace and school, and I enjoy their friendship.

Illegal Immigration: People like me who want to stop (or at least minimize) illegal immigration are often called racist and hateful. I don't hate immigrants. I welcome them to come through the proper methods and channels. But I've had a Mexican room mate who was here illegally, who had about 5 fake ideas showing him at the ages of 19-30 years old. He was getting assistance to pay for school and living, and everything was taken care of for him. Meanwhile I married a Romanian who came to this country legally as a student and has struggled just to survive because she couldn't work except for a few hours a week for the school, which certainly wouldn't pay tuition and rent. She was fortunate enough to have a sponsor family here in the US who paid for her first year of school and then she established a 4.0 GPA and got scholarships to pay for the rest of her schooling. But anyway, my point is that it's terribly wrong to penalize the people who come here legally while completely ignoring and even helping the people who don't have respect for the laws.

So to summarize: I'm really annoyed when people can't seem to argue their point and instead just aim to discredit or defame those with opposing beliefs.

Renegade:
Forums whose search has the default operator OR instead of AND and that always get me 1million results and the result i'm looking for ISN'T one of those!
-jgpaiva (February 28, 2008, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 for that!

I can't imagine who thought OR would be a good idea...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version