ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (96/106) > >>

J-Mac:
wraith, I posted this as MY annoyance; why are you soo annoyed by my annoyance that you find it necessary to post your own annoyance with my annoyance here in the Annoyance thread?  (Let's see someone diagram THAT sentence!)

I don’t see other folks counter-posting against other members' annoyances! This is my own personal, petty, seething annoyance! Let it be already!!   :P :P

Jim

JavaJones:
I'm going to trump you both, I'm annoyed by InstallSheild *and* by company-name-in-start-menu/app-install-location-folder. Simultaneously! Even though I (now) know that this is due to a default option in Installshield (which only increases my annoyance with it, but I assure you I was annoyed with it prior :D).

So there! ;)

- Oshyan

wraith808:
wraith, I posted this as MY annoyance; why are you soo annoyed by my annoyance that you find it necessary to post your own annoyance with my annoyance here in the Annoyance thread?  (Let's see someone diagram THAT sentence!)

I don’t see other folks counter-posting against other members' annoyances! This is my own personal, petty, seething annoyance! Let it be already!!   :P :P

Jim
-J-Mac (May 18, 2010, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok... my annoyance is with annoyances that are others annoyances that are not aimed at the root of the annoyance but actually another source that gets away with creating annoyances that no one really knows are they annoyance creator.

There! :P :P

(Really, I have the same annoyance, which causes me to re-arrange my program files to get around it or choose to change the default install directory.  And on that note- I'm also annoyed with people installing to the start menu in the same way!  And *both* are the root of installshield being the default windows installer!)

Eóin:
My pet annoyance: People who jump to a conclusion about why someone or something is the way they/it are, and then they proceed to go and judge or get annoyed over that reasoning even though it never existed outside of their own minds.

[edit] And my pet annoyance 2: Everyone suffering from Morton’s Demon.

40hz:
My pet annoyance: People who jump to a conclusion about why someone or something is the way they/it are, and then they proceed to go and judge or get annoyed over that reasoning even though it never existed outside of their own minds.

[edit] And my pet annoyance 2: Everyone suffering from Morton’s Demon.

-Eóin (May 18, 2010, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just give them a copy of this article and call them in the morning:

Cognitive Biases - A Visual Study Guide by the Royal Society of Account Planning

Link: http://www.scribd.com/documents/30548590/Cognitive-Biases-A-Visual-Study-Guide-by-the-Royal-Society-of-Account-Planning#

With thanks to Lifehacker.com for the find.

Link: http://lifehacker.com/5541533/illustrated-guide-explains-your-minds-decision-biases?skyline=true&s=i

You make decisions every day based on false assumptions about other people, immediate pay-offs, your memory versus imagination, and familiarity versus fondness, just to name a few. Want to learn more about your mind's crazy decision engine? This illustrated guide can help.

This multi-page illustrated treatise on cognitive biases, hosted at Scribd and embedded below, does a fantastic job of translating the stuff of college textbooks and all-too-brief Wikipedia explanations into lunch break reading. Digging through it might make you afraid of how your mind works, or send you on a journey to think a bit more about how you arrive at what you decide.
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version