ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What annoys you to no end?

<< < (26/106) > >>

J-Mac:

And all of the *#%( DAMNED ICONS that quicken places on my desktop on a clean install!
-Josh (May 26, 2009, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Grrrrr.. I feel your pain with Quicken!

Jim

mouser:
J-Mac, that's a very nice list of software annoyances.. maybe worth making into a list on a website somewhere.

J-Mac:
J-Mac, that's a very nice list of software annoyances.. maybe worth making into a list on a website somewhere.
-mouser (May 26, 2009, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ha! You should see my entire list!!

Jim

Shook:
Computer-related hate train departing now, toot-toot!

- Pop-ups. Seriously, they're just obstructions, and something tells me that the amount of clicks is about 1 per 10000 pop-ups.
- Excessively animated banner ads (HELLO ADVENTUREQUEST). They use a lot of bandwidth, which slows down both browsing and flash games.
- Anti-virus/spyware programs that say "Oh hay you have like one million problems on your PC, buy this product to get rid of them!".
- Programs that crash and freeze up for no reason. (I think i stated this one previously, but that was about video games. =P)
- Programs that get all "Our program is THE BEST PROGRAM EVAR!", after which you find out that it's a bunch of... Poo.
- Time limited trial versions of any kind. Seriously, just give me a cut-down demo without timer, and i'll be happy, and i might even buy the product.
- Computers that start so slowly that a european forest slug could crawl all the way across the monitor before the computer was ready. (School computers, grr! *Shakes fist*)
- Blue screen of death. I don't think this needs any explanation.
- Unintuitive interfaces. Sure, i can live with them, but i'd rather not have to.
- The Match 3 genre of games. The first few were pretty good, but the next million? Not as much. Even the few twists the developers sometimes apply can't save it from the demon that is known as "hopeless cloning".

... Off the top of my head. ;)

Fred Nerd:
Back to big words
(never use a long word when a diminutive one will suffice)..........

I worked out a routine for a female friend of mine to try out next time some bloke was hitting on her at a bar..
'Despite the impression you may derive from my presence in this locality, it behoves me not to acquience to your request'
(him): 'I don't get it'
(her): *smug* 'Exactly'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version