ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: fake timer to activate screensaving

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
I can press Ctrl+Shift+S, and the Webshots screensaver will start, no matter what screensaver is default, but almost none of the other screensavers I am using have such a hotkey feature, if any. And I use quite a number of different screensavers, so I am not asking for merely a hotkey to some screensaver. I was thinking that maybe someone can write a little something that will fake Windows' timer into thinking that the time is up - so when I press this (new) hotkey Windows will think that X (seven) minutes have passed without actions, and start the screensaver. Can this be done?
 :tellme:

Edited:
I believe that fifteen years ago this feature was standard on Windows, hence the button "Pause".

---

This wallpaper is merely to make up the post (Ornamental2, 1600x1200, 2MB):

IDEA: fake timer to activate screensaving

jgpaiva:
Nircmd can start the screensaver on demand.
Thus, what's the hotkey you were thinking?

Wouldn't a shortcut on the desktop be better?

Curt:
Wouldn't a shortcut on the desktop be better?-jgpaiva (February 19, 2008, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course, but if it is that simple why did'nt anyone tell it to me before? Well, I didn't read the right post, I guess.  :-\

Yes, please, jgpaiva!  :)

Curt:
Wouldn't a shortcut on the desktop be better?-jgpaiva (February 19, 2008, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quick Start area

jgpaiva:
Just download nircmd, and create a shortcut to it! Then, go to its properties and add "screensaver" (without the quotes) to the target ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version