ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ring the bells!!! The HD Format war is OVER!!! Toshiba forfeits

<< < (2/7) > >>

Josh:
Congrats on 3100 posts jgp ;-)

But yes, I would hope that toshiba joins the Blu-ray alliance so we can further spur development of this new format. I, for one, can't wait for a new profile 2.0 compatible player to be released so that I may purchase one.

btw: check out this video

NSFW

BigJim:
On that note, a moment of silence for all the unfortunate consumers who ended up with a now antiquated HD-DVD Player.....
-Josh (February 19, 2008, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

No! Wait! It's only a flesh wound.

Lashiec:
2 years? I think in under 6 months we will see afforable blu ray players in the standalone model.

Heck, just look at this $150 US PC model. Others are sure to follow.
-Josh (February 19, 2008, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

:o, but that unit was more than $300 not too long ago... anyway, Blu Ray units are still around 220 € around here, and discs are not exactly affordable nor available.

But yes, I would hope that toshiba joins the Blu-ray alliance so we can further spur development of this new format. I, for one, can't wait for a new profile 2.0 compatible player to be released so that I may purchase one.
-Josh (February 19, 2008, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sony's trojan horse already supports the 2.0 specification. Clever guys.

No! Wait! It's only a flesh wound.
-BigJim (February 19, 2008, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

You bought a HD DVD player?

Darwin:
I guess this sweet for Sony, after having lost the Betamax vs. VHS format war...

justice:
I'm not sure how less competition will make prices drop but we'll see how it goes. I'll just stay with DVD. I don't have a LCD/plasma tv, its CRT widescreen 28 inch without surround sound or cinema home entertainment system. To me it doesn't make any sense to spend more on this setup while there is nothing on tv haha. Movies are good though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version