ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ring the bells!!! The HD Format war is OVER!!! Toshiba forfeits

(1/7) > >>

Josh:
Thats right folks, Toshiba has officially announced that HD-DVD is now dead. It will cease production and marketting of its format due to several large studios and retailers switching to blu-ray. Will Toshiba switch to the Blu-Ray Alliance (BRA)? According to them, no, but we would hope so so that we can help spur the development of this superior format.

On that note, a moment of silence for all the unfortunate consumers who ended up with a now antiquated HD-DVD Player.....

Source URL

Ring the bells!!! The HD Format war is OVER!!! Toshiba forfeits

Eóin:
That war didn't last long.

The URL doesn't seem to click for me so here it is also.

Lashiec:
On that note, a moment of silence for all the unfortunate consumers who ended up with a now antiquated HD-DVD Player.....
-Josh (February 19, 2008, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

It makes a good upscaling DVD player, anyway. And those who bite have the money to buy a Blu Ray player.

Well, now let's take a seat and wait for the outcome of the DVD vs. Blu Ray war (minimum: two years before a Blu Ray reader is affordable)

Josh:
2 years? I think in under 6 months we will see afforable blu ray players in the standalone model.

Heck, just look at this $150 US PC model. Others are sure to follow.

$150 US Blu-ray drive

jgpaiva:
This is really good news!

I'm glad it's over. Too bad i'm about to buy a laptop, this looks like the worst time ever to buy a toshibe laptop (since they still are all packed with hd-dvd!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version