ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

XP boot-up problem

<< < (5/5)

f0dder:
I now have a resolution ... no more crap installs on my main system. Crap gets installed (if at all) in VMWare. VMWare is great because you can take a snapshot before you install anything, play for a while and then revert to the snapshot - so you don't have to uninstall and you don't accumulate rubbish!-Carol Haynes (March 26, 2008, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
Which is a very great idea, and I've been meaning to use that principle for a while... but it's just so much easier to install & test on your mainbox, instead of having to fire up vmware, drag over the install files, etc...

Lazyness wins over me every time :(. SandboxIE sounded like a good compromise, but because of Microsoft's patchguard crap (and the lack of proper "OS-guided" hooking points), SandboxIE doesn't work on 64-bit windows.

Armando:
Lazyness wins over me every time :(. -f0dder (March 26, 2008, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same thing here... Lots of great resolutions but...
I'm still thankful that imaging software exists. Image backups are my "snapshots"... and I tend to be fairly disciplined -- once every 2 weeks : image the C drive.

kevmacca:
i would just like add to this topic as i had exactly the same probs as above, it took me ages to rectify it and it turned out i had a couple of conflicts, one was sandboxie and the other was google internet accelerator, i uninstalled both and everything has been ok since. i dont know why these conflicts arose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version