Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 28, 2014, 06:13:13 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Enso launcher/words is a must for everyone!  (Read 2773 times)
nite_monkey

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:24:10 PM »

So recently I decided that I needed a launcher for my computer, because I install WAY to much crap on my computer, and then I can't remember where I put it, and I don't want to clutter my desktop with icons. What do I do? I use Launchy 2.0. That was ok for awhile, but then launchy decided that I didn't really want to run anything else on my computer, so it started to use 90% of my cpu and over 100,000 K ram NON STOP! That wouldn't do for me, so I did some googleing for an alternative to launchy, and ran across Enso. Combined with Enso words, Enso launcher is a very good universal launcher/spell checker/dictionary.
All I have to do is hold down the caps lock (who uses that key anyways?), and then type in a command, such as open vl (which by the time I type vl it has already found the location of vlc media player, and is wondering if I wanted to open that.)

I don't really need to put a screen shot of it, because I can describe it just as good.

when you hold down the caps lock key a green box pops up at the top left of the screen, and inside that box it says "Welcome to Enso! Enter a command, or type "help" for assistance."
As soon as you start typing something, it instantly starts going through its list of commands in search of what you are wanting to do.

But I might as well put up a screen shot, so:

(that isn't my desktop, that is a screen shot from the website)
click here for the website
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:26:33 PM by nite_monkey » Logged

[Insert really cool signature here]
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »

It has been mentioned in the forums a few times. One of the more recent postings mentions that it is now free.

nite_monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:20:37 PM »

I figured it most likely had been mentioned before, but I decided to post it here, because I wanted to compare it to launchy, which hasn't been done on here that I know of.

PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 10:45:09 PM »

I figured it most likely had been mentioned before, but I decided to post it here, because I wanted to compare it to launchy, which hasn't been done on here that I know of.

"Enso launcher/words is a must for everyone!" sounds like a reccomendation to me. How does Enso compare to Launchy then?
sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 10:56:07 PM »

I dumped Launchy to FARR.

After this post, I am going to give Enso a try.

nite_monkey

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:20:20 PM »

"Enso launcher/words is a must for everyone!" sounds like a reccomendation to me. How does Enso compare to Launchy then?
it launches programs like launchy, and it has a built in calculator like launchy. Excuse me for using the wrong terms in public.

nite_monkey

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:22:56 PM »

You know, I'm kind of sorry I posted this topic, can someone just remove it for me?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 11:27:06 PM »

No reason to remove it, but i could merge it in with another Enso thread like this one:
http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=11865.0

As the author of Find and Run Robot (FARR) I think it's healthy to discuss all alternatives.  The only thing i do want to point out is that we've recently seen some amazing FARR plugins written by members here on the forum, so one nice thing about using FARR and being a DC member is that there is a very good chance if you have a feature request you'll see it come to life smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.05s | Server load: 0.08 ]