ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

FTP Uploader Script

<< < (2/5) > >>

lanux128:
nice to hear from you damax. :) just wondering if your script is capable of overwriting existing files on the ftp server? this could be useful when uploading updated screenshots.

damax:
...ermmm.... hm.... never experienced that case before because all my screenshots get timestamped.
The script uses the FTP-command put to upload the file. This here says that put will react with a "Permission denied"-error if the file already exists on the remote server :( I believe it'd be possible to delete the remote file first in that case but I can't be bothered at the moment  ;) Feel free to enhance the script if you like.

lanux128:
my screenshots are timestamped too but i sometimes modify them and save with the same filename but it's okay since the 'put' doesn't seem to allow over-writing. your script still gets the job done, though. :)

damax:
VbsToExe worked for you? The generated .exe doesn't do a thing here on my computer :huh: I used the command "VbsToExe.exe screenshot_to_ftp.vbs screenshot_to_ftp.exe" but when I double-click the *.exe, nothing happens. The same is true if I try to use the *.exe in SC. Just nothing......

lanux128:
now that you mentioned i went and checked. the converted exe doesn't work actually (!) i had been using the script all this while without realizing it. :o

even the website makes a note of it:

NOTICE

The resulted program may not work correct. Some VBScript functions are not available.
You may test it for functionality.-website
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version