topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Will Google adverts make Google index DC?  (Read 8892 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Will Google adverts make Google index DC?
« on: February 17, 2008, 07:53 AM »
A friend remembered that I was talking about something he should read here at DC, but could not remeber the name, donationcoder. So when he did a thorough search at Google he was very confused that Google gave no links to the subject. That is, no links to DonationCoder. You already know about this, of course, and have mentioned it quite some times. But still, the situation is not acceptable, I think. There is so much gold to be found at DC, that accepting our forum never to come up in a Google search, is to accept gold to be thrown into the street, isn't it - or however I should say it.

Maybe, just maybe, 'we' could some kind of 'force' Google to index DC, if mouser would accept a Google advert on each page? I have noticed there is room for at least one advert inside the header, to the right of Cody, and was thinking it would be acceptable to see an advert there. But of course, I don't know what it takes to make Google index DC, I just think we need to do something!

:tellme:

adv.gif

Edited for Disclaimer:
My goal is not to have adverts, but to make Google index DC.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 07:59 AM by Curt »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Will Google adverts make Google index DC?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Actually, DC's posts are indexed by google in about 1 hour :)

Also, i don't think that adding google ads would improve our google rating...

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 08:39 AM »
Actually, DC's posts are indexed by google in about 1 hour

For sure they are not. Unless, of course, you meant they all will be indexed in about one hour from now? Well, maybe new posts are being indexed, but certainly not even one of the older posts I have been searching for.

But anyway, I will forget about the adverts.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 08:41 AM by Curt »

jazper

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Jazper's Software
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 10:22 AM »
I don't understand, I just did this search : http://www.google.co...?q=gridmove+songbird

Not mentioning DC's name and the first result was a link to the exact forum message.

ThalSwe

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • On my way
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Never had any problems finding DC stuff on google and honestly find it a LOT when I search around just like jazper mentioned above but maybe it does it only with new(er) post rather then all of them.

Personally dont have anything against the google adverts if they maybe could help the page and possibly make it better indexed.

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Well, the search function in DC forum is accessible to everyone, whether is registered here or not. And to narrow Google search to DC, you can always use: <insert search string> site:https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php, in Google. Of course, in the case you mention, both options are useless if he could not remember the name of the site, but might be useful in the future.

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:26 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, 'we' could some kind of 'force' Google to index DC, if mouser would accept a Google advert on each page?

Using Adsense on pages does not in any way affect its placement in the index or the rate at which the domain is crawled.  The indexed pages are affected by on-page elements (content) and off page elements (backlinks and anchor text of backlinks).

If you want to force a page or domain into the index faster then getting a backlink from another page with a high PR will help.  Pages with PR's of 4 can get pages into the index in days and pages with a PR of 5 can get pages into the index in a matter of hours.

Google is in an always crawl, always update mode and the index is in constant flux (no more index updates like in the past).  This is the reason why high PR pages can get unknown's into the index faster - Google already knows about them and checks back for new content often and follows links on the page in a search for new content.