ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

save as PDF problem

(1/1)

killerwhale65:
Hi,

I want to save an entire webpage as PDF using autoscroll. But this generates a PDF file which is much too small, it is just the size of 1 page with the entire website on the left of the page, and the remainings of the page are blank. When i save the same as JPG is works very nice. And when i save a non-autoscroll screenshot as PDF, it also works fine. What am i doing wrong?

thanks!

Matt

mouser:
that is very strange, i'll have to look into it.  from the symptoms you describe, it's capturing the multipage image fine but someone the pdf save is getting confused.  i suppose you already made sure that the problem isn't simply that the pdf VIEW mode isn't causing this (ie isnt scaling it just so it displays on one page).  if you try to print the pdf, you still get the effect you are talking about?

killerwhale65:
hi,

Thanks for your answer. Well it looks like it always wants to put the entire webpage on a single page (printable size page i mean). When i look at the size of the page in the documents properties, it always has the same 8.xx X 11.xx value (= the size of a printable paper), no matter how long the webpage. The longer the webpage, the narrower it appears on the PDF-page. The smaller the webpage, the wider it appears on the PDF page.

I hope you can solve this cause it is wonderfull software!

thanks,
Matt

mouser:
i think understand now..
to confirm, you are using the "File -> Save Copy Of Image As" menu option right?
it may simply be a setting in pdf printing options, let me take a look.

Another option would be that, instead of using the Save to PDF option in screenshot captor,
that you install one of these PDF printer programs and use the Print function from Screenshot Captor to print to the virtual PDF printer which might give you more control.  But i'll see if there is an easy fix for saveas pdf.

killerwhale65:
yes, that is how i use it.
I am using an extra program right now to convert a JPG to a PDF, and this works nice, bu of course it is 1 step too much and would be nicer if i could do it all with 1 program.

Thanks for your time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version