topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 4:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: about to switch to a Widescreen LCD.  (Read 28713 times)

colonelz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • colonelz's home [german]
    • Donate to Member
Re: about to switch to a Widescreen LCD.
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 10:21 AM »
f0dder: In my case it is a Asus EN8800GTS with 640MB (remembered wrong in the first post) and both monitors (1920x1200 + 1280x1024) combined break the limit of 2048x1536 (specs). And even the biggest model with 1GB on board stops at 2560x1600.  It's strange since this resolution needs only approx. 11MB 2D-graphics-memory. Neither any GeForce nor Quadro cards support highest resolutions. It seems better that Matrox cards solutions for many high resolution monitor connections (example).  :huh:

But i like also to start some at-the-edge 3D game and so Matrox is no choice for me.  ;)

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 04:11 AM »
Yeah, the video memory definitely isn't an issue, it must have something to do with the DVI controller on the card or something. Weird that they don't do better on such a high-end card, but perhaps their reasoning is that it won't be able to drive two super-large displays in 3D mode anyway, so why bother? :)
- carpe noctem

PaladinMJ

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 08:44 AM »
I've been looking for the setting to play NON_WS capable games without stretching them. I have the current NVidia drivers an control panel. and the 8500GT 512 PciE where is this setting located? I'm being blind and can't see it.
When I have a mission, it consumes me; I will not be satisfied until the job is done. I have a strong sense of duty, and a strong sense of direction. Changes in the tide don't phase me - I always know which way the wind blows, and I know how to compensate for it. I get on poorly with people like myself.