ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

about to switch to a Widescreen LCD.

<< < (3/6) > >>

tomos:
Sorry to bother you folks, I've found my answer, DVI-D to DVI-D cable will work just fine. 
-oldfart (February 17, 2008, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

is there a typo in there :)
I guess you mean a DVI to DVD adapter works fine...
It's good to read all that, thanks :) - could save me a bit of time when I finally go flatscreen (I've chosen one but of course it's very expensive :-\ so going to have to wait another little while)

Lashiec:
CRTs are superior, but unless you really need to work with color (like a designer), I don't see any reason that an LCD won't satisfy you.
-Renegade (February 16, 2008, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Even in that case, a graphic designer would use a high-end CRT, and for the money, a high-end LCD offers a wide color gamut, and other advantages over a CRT. In my opinion, using a CRT for the color advantage is quite arguable. Just ask nudone :)

tomos:
using a CRT for the color advantage is quite arguable.
-Lashiec (February 17, 2008, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

do you mean you would argue against it ?

Lashiec:
Yep, I think it's more of a placebo effect than anything else. Just like insane sampling rate for audiophiles and all that.

pip2kk:
i have both a 28inch widescreen hdmi monitor and a 20inch 4:3 crt...honestly i dont know how i lived so long on 4:3 lmao

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version