topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gridmove refuses to work with Songbird  (Read 6914 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Gridmove refuses to work with Songbird
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:42 PM »
Gridmove will not recognize Songbird as a window (I assume it sees it as an object or something) and therefore does not allow me to dock it into my grid configuration. The grid does not appear. Other programs running at the same time as Songbird, however, such as Pidgin, will dock normally.

It is notable that Songbird runs and has totally different window setups via skins- so fixing this may be quite tricky (I am using a skin where the buttons and layout are VERY different from the default installed skin). The program window name can change dynamically, too. (Mine scrolls every 400ms to show another character in the song name, artist, and current time into the song).

You can get Songbird here if you want to see if you can get it working: http://www.songbirdnest.com/

I will watch this topic and provide what I can to see if this can be resolved :Thmbsup:

-Brandon

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Gridmove refuses to work with Songbird
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 03:45 AM »
Yes, it's because it is a skinned window.
If you disable "safe mode" from the options, it should work ;)

The problem is that it'll work for ANY window, and there are some windows you don't want it working with (because they are not resizable).

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Yes, it does work- unfortunately Songbird is too stubborn to go small enough to fit into the gridspace, but I don't really care- I can still see my songs and the controls.

Thanks! :)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 01:53 AM »
Yeah, several windows refuse to resize to a size smaller (or sometimes bigger) than a given size :(