ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

bigger screen area than monitor size - with quick scroll features

<< < (8/13) > >>

jgpaiva:
About maxtron: yep, that has happened to me, still figuring out what it is.

Edge indication: currently i'm working at the functionality level, i'll add that after ;)

perhaps it would also be useful to prevent a window from going outside of the boundary so that you know you've reached the edge of the work area.
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, preventing windows from going outside the boundary isn't something i know how to do at the moment.

forgot to say that i never got to try the 'jump' version as i was offline whilst you were playing with it.
--- End quote ---
Yes, i noticed. I'll restore it in a future version (with a decent implementation)

Now.. About the hotkey. There are a few problems here. Dragging with rbutton isn't a good option, because there are browsers that use right-mouse dragging for mouse gestures, and lbutton+rbutton can't be used either because it interfeers with normal usage of the mouse.
I could set it to use a combination of the other mouse buttons,but not all mouses have those :(

nudone:
ah yes, i use maxthon with mouse gestures ALL the time, so the right button wouldn't be good for me either.

it looks like the win key is all there is. maybe middle mouse button but i think i probably prefer the win key method.

ThalSwe:
Started playing around with this and really liking it. Started using a single 22" LCD recently instead of my old 2x 19" CRT's and sometimes missed that extra space you get with dual monitors but this can make up for the lost space in a convenient way.

It feels really quick and responsive with the dragging and alt-tabbing as far as I have experienced but not really stressed tested it with other then some basic explorer windows open along with Opera and Thunderbird.

Maybe could be nice with a hotkey that jumps a certain distance sideways (of your choice, WIN+(directional keys?)) so you can access or simply look at the items out-of-view without using the mouse. For example I used to have all my IM programs on my second monitor so I could see who was online etc at all times without the contact list stealing space from the primary monitor. Will use this in a simular fashion by putting them out-of-view and checking them now and again. Just think it would be convenient to "jump" sideways by hotkey (the needed distance, maybe changeable through the .ini yourself), check what you want and then jump back with the hotkey without ever letting your hands leave the keyboard (dont always have a hand on my mouse).

nudone:
i think jumping a whole monitor screen (or whatever) makes sense using something like win key plus arrow keys. or what about win key plus the keys under the right hand in touch typing. so something like 'win + i' goes up, 'win + ,' goes down, 'win + j' goes left and 'win + L' goes right. well, something like that as i see that 'win + L' currently goes to the log on screen.

ThalSwe:
Yeah, I like that implementation. Didnt consider the placement of the keys until you mentioned it but it makes perfect sense as your fingers will be placed there automaticly (if you have a correct finger placement when it comes to typing :P).
Was thinking that a modifier key could be used to get around the WIN+L problem (as that hotkey can be useful and wished to be maintained) but that would ruin the simplicity of setting up the keys and learning them. Much more smooth with just WIN as the only modifier throughout the script.

(I am just rambling on random I think but hopefully I make some sense and perhaps adds to the general brainstorming you two have going :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version