ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

bigger screen area than monitor size - with quick scroll features

<< < (4/13) > >>

jgpaiva:
Updated again, check above post for the new version.

Now i'm thinking: I think the best way to avoid the problem of focusing windows off screen is to make the screen move to them. Thus, next thing i'm going to try is something like "keep the focused window on screen". This means: then you focus a window that isn't on screen (may it be by selecting it from the taskbar or with alt+tab), the screen is moved to make that window appear. (might get annoying, i think.. Let's give it a try)

nudone:
these are just cosmetic suggestions so if they reduce the smoothness then i wouldn't bother with them - something to perhaps try at the end of everything else anyway...

how about a border being visible so that you know you've reached the end of the container, something just like a 5px thick line or something.

something probably way too advanced: how about a little diagram graphic thingy that indicates where you are within the big grid. i've seen virtual desktop programs use this type of graphic helper widget type thing. it might be nice to have but would it be worth the trouble involved.

jgpaiva:
Yes, i've already thought of stuff around those lines. The "placer" might be something quite hard to do, but the border sure is possible, i'll add it later.

nudone:
That's true, nudone.. Probaby ctrl+drag isn't a good idea.

Do you know anything that uses win+drag?
I like your idea about using backslash, maybe that's a good solution.
-jgpaiva (February 15, 2008, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

didn't see this earlier. i don't know of anything that uses the win key plus mouse dragging.

now, this might just be me but the beauty of using the spacebar is that it sits right under your thumb - this is obviously why they use it with graphics editing programs. it's very quick and easy to hit and use.

the win key is not so easy to hit. perhaps the combination of spacebar plus ¬ (or whatever that key is in the top left on your keyboard) isn't too easy to hit either.

i'm just thinking of keys that are best suited when you have your left hand resting over the keys in a touch-typing position. AND that don't conflict with stuff like photoshop where many key combinations are already in use.

perhaps just the ¬ key on it's own without the spacbar is enough (or whatever the top left key is under the escape key). it's easier than hitting the win key and PROBABLY doesn't conflict with anything else.

nudone:
these are the results i have for kmplayers window. i've posted three screengrabs because i noticed the classNN changed depending on where i put the cursor over the window and i didn't know if the result was important.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version