ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

bigger screen area than monitor size - with quick scroll features

<< < (3/13) > >>

jgpaiva:
That's true, nudone.. Probaby ctrl+drag isn't a good idea.

Do you know anything that uses win+drag?
I like your idea about using backslash, maybe that's a good solution.

jgpaiva:
Now that i'm playing around with this, i think a "move everything but active window" feature is needed. (to organize the windows on screen)

[edit] and a way to limit the screen area, to make it easier to size windows [/edit]

nudone:
well, i obviously come up with brilliant ideas because i'm so lazy and hate having to do even slightly bothersome tasks on the pc  :D and i clearly love presenting you with a challenge that i know you will feel compelled to master  :Thmbsup:

the 'ctrl' key method is far better than the F8 key BUT as it will conflict with graphic editing programs i still suggest some strange key combination like 'spacebar' plus '¬' as these are not going to conflict with any software i know of.

things like messenger i'd not thought about. i'm not sure which i'd prefer to happen with that kind of program. these are my thoughts:

1. the window moves to the screen - sometimes i'd want this to happen. perhaps always, as it would be the quickest method. but what happens after you've finished with messenger - where does it go. perhaps it is just a case of making allowances for this kind of program when you are laying out the window positions on screen - so you'd just have to be ready to drag to the right area.

2. the screen is moved to the window - hmm, i see this could be fast also and it would avoid the problem of the messenger window moving about. but what makes the screen move to the window - is it another hotkey that makes the screen jump to the window that wants your attention. that doesn't sound too bad to me.

3. more hotkey features could perhaps be used to provide 'jump' zones. like jumping to a virtual desktop but you simply move the screen to a zone you've placed messenger in. zones could be 1 to 9 as in a square or 1 to 3 as in a strip.

4. er. are there other methods?

nudone:
Now that i'm playing around with this, i think a "move everything but active window" feature is needed. (to organize the windows on screen)

[edit] and a way to limit the screen area, to make it easier to size windows [/edit]
-jgpaiva (February 15, 2008, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

they sound like good features. and the snap feature also.

ThalSwe:
Like the sound of this tool and I am quite sure I'll use it once it is a bit more polished.

On the "out-of-view" part I think it would be easiest if the screen moved to the window as then it would stay in its place, just where you want it. If it moved into view on the screen you would have to place it back where it was before (unless that can be done automaticly once it looses focus again...then that option seems like the better to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version