ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

bigger screen area than monitor size - with quick scroll features

<< < (6/13) > >>

nudone:
not sure what's happening but the 'ctrl' + click feature isn't working for me with the latest version. i'm not too sure what's happening with the move focus window too.

sorry. just seen that it's using the win key now and not ctrl.

jgpaiva:
I just uploaded another version, with the "keep focused window on screen" thing working... Well, sort of.

I'm finding it to be quite anoying, to say the truth. What do you think? I'm having trouble moving windows around (the damn screen follows the window) and it's constantly moving the screen, becoming more of an anoyance than a feature.

nudone:
have you uploaded a screengrab by mistake?

the keep focus window i don't quite understand - or perhaps what is happening on my screen is hard to understand.

it looks to me that it would be best to just keep windows fixed in there place unless the user manually moves them.

at the taskbar will flash to indicate a program window requires attention the user can quickly just use the drag feature to get to the correct area location.

if the 'jump' feature is implemented then i don't think it will be a big deal to do a quick 'short drag jump' action.

hmm. i think i've only just realised something. when you wish to navigate through the extended screen area without using the mouse, i.e. using alt+tab. that's what you were trying to figure out i see. i didn't quite appreciate that but now i do.

jgpaiva:
have you uploaded a screengrab by mistake?
-nudone (February 15, 2008, 12:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
I did, sorry :)
I just uploaded yet another version, and this time it looks VERY good, probably the best solution found. (still isn't detecting the taskbar and thus it's moving to the wrong place, but it works fairly well).

Now.. on to the "move by a screen" feature.

nudone:
i notice that 'alt+tab' and taskbar click sometimes works and sometimes does something unexpected.

other than that, i must say i'm very impressed with how it's behaving.

i can already see when laying out two large windows side by side it is good to navigate between them using dragging instead of alt+tabbing as you would normally. like if you are coding in one window and checking something in the next window. it is pretty much like using dual monitors.

i think this must be because there are a lot more visual references for your eyes to fix onto as you drag the windows about. when you simply alt+tab (or use virtual desktops) you have to readjust your view and quickly figure out where you should be looking within the program window. doing the dragging method is more natural and gives your eyes time to work out where things are within the program window.

in fact, i think it's brilliant. just messing about doing it now dragging left and right between two large windows full of text side by side.

this program will, of course, allow you to have a program window opened up beyond your physical monitor screen, i.e. you could be working/searching within an editor with long lines of code and you could stretch the window out to be double it's normal width and height. then you could quickly drag around within this window seeing how code is arranged without having to collapse the line lengths like you normal have to do.

that is also a potentially fantastic way of working i think.

this util is set to revolutionise computer and human interaction from this moment on  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version