ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Lets get organized so we can get gaming!

<< < (3/7) > >>

GOHST RIDER:
does anybody have any my coke reward codes if you do could please post them for me tyhanks 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

wreckedcarzz:
jgpaiva, I have to ask - how does Xfire not have any advantages over Steam?

Xfire now has support for in-game Video recording (BETA, but still, no more needing Fraps :)), along with the usual screenshot uploading and built in voice chat options. And I don't see the problem with it using 10,312kb of RAM (I just checked) and 0% CPU. :tellme:

I never tried Steam, but I have multiple friends that use it as their primary gaming "headquarters" (if you will) and they refuse to switch to (or try) Xfire for some odd reason. I don't see why- the constant updates add more stuff all the time, and it is good as long as you aren't on dialup (my friend Walt no longer uses Xfire because of the 3+MB updates every month or so annoyed him, but 28.8k isn't exactly mainstream anymore). ;D

And thanks for posting the various profiles Deozann, helps to get a network going :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
wreckedcarzz: It's not a matter of being better or not. (to be fair, it's basically the same) The thing is that i have no need for xfire, i'd just be repeating steam's functions. Also, to be honest, i don't quite like xfire's looks, find it a bit confusing.

wreckedcarzz:
Fair enough, everyone has their opinion. :)

Deozaan:
Okay, so I have to admit, back in 2006 when I installed Xfire the first time, I wasn't very pleased with it. It seemed big, obtrusive, and redundant, since the only reason I installed it was at the behest of my friend, who I already IMed with using other IM programs.

But now that I actually know a few people who play games, I'm not too bothered by Xfire anymore. It's nice to see what your friends are doing, the voice chat is fairly straightforward and works well, and chatting within the game works nicely too. I'm not too pleased with the shortcut (scroll lock + x) because I don't like it turning on my keyboard lights, but it's not so bad.

Anyway, it's not so bad as I initially deemed it to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version