ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Scanahand RC1 Released

<< < (7/15) > >>

erwind:
Does the user have any control over the number of points used?-Ampa (February 27, 2008, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not directly, but the size of the source image, the threshold value, and the filter setting all affect the result.

The source image of the lower case "a" was scanned at 300 dpi. A 600 dpi scan will most likely result in more points, but in this case I don't think it will benefit the result as that is already very good (if I may say so myself). A 600 dpi scan resolution is useful when your characters contain little details (e.g. thin strokes).

Scanahand needs to find out what pixels belong to the characters. The threshold value is used to make that decision. Usually the Auto value gives best results, but you can also choose between Low, Medium, and High. The Low threshold removes all light colored pixels, while the High threshold includes all light colored pixels. When you use the High threshold you get slightly fatter characters, but you risk inclusion of unwanted pixels.

You can also reduce the number of points by applying either the Smooth or Super filter. Those filters polish the outlines and that usually results in more rounded contours.

Erwin Denissen

High-Logic Software
http://www.high-logic.com/

Deozaan:
Any idea when version 1.0 will be released?

I just remembered this thread and wanted a couple days to try out the trial version before making a decision and am hoping to be able to get the super discounted version if I decide I really want it.

Deozaan:
DISCLAIMER: This is a joke! Click to see.Hmm... Looking at the print out sheet, I now know the purpose of this program! It's to scan our handwriting and signature and upload them to a secret server so that Erwin can easily forge documents with the information gathered by everyone using this program!

Ahahaha! Imagine programming with this!

I messed up on my small 'd' and I didn't realize those lines were there to help me align where the letters go, so my handwriting actually looks worse using scanahand because the letters and symbols are all over the place! Also, my scanner only scans at 200dpi apparently. :(

Scanahand RC1 Released

mouser:
hahahaha funny though.

Darwin:
I thought the lower case d was some sort of stylized thing - I inferred that you're a musican, Deozaan, because it looks like a musical note!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version