ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Scanahand RC1 Released

<< < (4/15) > >>

erwind:
Try this one:
[EDIT: removed as the DNS change is completed]

Ampa:
Looks like a cool product - I might well be interested in adding it to my collection.

Could you give some details on the difference between the Standard and Premium editions?

In what format(s) is the font saved? I assume it is a vector font, probably TrueType, but I don't think the site specifies this anywhere?!

Ampa

erwind:
Hi Ampa,

Good questions.

Could you give some details on the difference between the Standard and Premium editions?
--- End quote ---

Most Beta testers wanted to have more accented characters. They just don't fit on a single page, so the idea is a multi page template that allows you to generate a font with an extended set of characters. The Premium Edition, that is not available yet (development hasn't even started!), will include multi page template support. FYI a template editor is on the to-do list for a future release of Scanahand Premium Edition.

Release Candidate 1 runs in Basic Edition mode, simply because there is no Premium Edition available. As you will see, it supports a single page template.

In what format(s) is the font saved? I assume it is a vector font, probably TrueType, but I don't think the site specifies this anywhere?!
--- End quote ---

The fonts are generated as OpenType/TrueType. Technically the fonts are OpenType, but Windows will tell you they are TrueType.  :tellme:

Erwin Denissen

High-Logic Software
http://www.high-logic.com/

Darwin:
That one worked - thanks Erwin  :Thmbsup:

Lashiec:
You finished your PhD, Darwin? </offtopic>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version