ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Locate32 crashing a lot

(1/2) > >>

alxwz:
A lot of people here seem to love Locate32 as a search tool.

While it's certainly a nice program, It's crashing a lot (an unpredicably) for me, mostly when trying to open files from the results window or trying to open the containing folder. It happens so often that it's almost annoying. However, I haven't seen anyone mention that problem.

Am I the only one to experience that?

Win XP SP2, Locate32 3.0 build 7.7010c.

Lashiec:
Weird. Maybe some shell extension is going mad? It has been rock stable for me, and I'm using the same setup.

alxwz:
Good hint, thanks. Didn't think of that.

I might try to disable them one by one (will take a while, there are quite a few of them, which makes this explanation even more plausible).

Carol Haynes:
Try using ShellExView - you can disable as many as you like instantly and re-enable them again piecemeal to see what is causing the problem.

jmj:
Shell extension can cause this kind of problems so it's good idea to try to disable those. You could try also the latest stable version: http://www.locate32.net/files/zip/locate32-3.0.8.01200.zip

If you can't resolve the problem and Locate32 still crashes, take a screenshot from the error dialog (use 3.0.8.1200).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version