topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Copy Text and Tabs typed sand aved to a file  (Read 4415 times)

skooter1121

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Copy Text and Tabs typed sand aved to a file
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Looking for a key loggerish type of program that captures text as typed then saves as a file.

We have archived data on a SunServer in an Informix Unix DataBase. We can only query the database in a terminal emulator window (WYSE 50). The forms it uses are all text based, where the user types FirstName, tab, LastName,tab, address, tab,.....just to put a few pieces of data in the informix DB. Then the user has to retype all that data in the same order, into another more current DB application.

I'd like to save (capture) the first typing to a file, then grab the data in the file and send it directly to the new DB. I know the end part is something I'd have to code, BUT if I could just grab those Keystrokes!!

I've looked at SaveMyWork which is close but does not keep the TABS.

-SFS-

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Copy Text and Tabs typed sand aved to a file
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:20 AM »
Skrommel already did that :)

See DoOver.

skooter1121

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 04:52 PM »
Thanks.

I just looked at DoOver and it does in fact record all the keystrokes in the terminal window. BUT, I need to keep the commands in a file and paste them into an Outlook Contact form. I am pretty sure I can import a text file into Outlook.

I'm trying to stop the need of retyping these names and addresses into multiple applications.

-SFS-

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:02 PM »
Ok, i didn't understand you correctly.

Just to check.. Doesn't doover.ini solve that problem? The whole macro is under the "macro" key, on the [settings] section.