ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Download Cheap software on http://softwarebackups.org, a Scam ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
btw, the very fact that we mentioned this thread (with the softwarebackups.org url) in the email version of the newsletter, caused the newsletter to be blacklisted as spam  :mad:

f0dder:
btw, the very fact that we mentioned this thread (with the softwarebackups.org url) in the email version of the newsletter, caused the newsletter to be blacklisted as spam  :mad:
-mouser (February 22, 2008, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Darn! >_<

- sounds like some overzealous anti-spam blockers. Might be wise not to have any URLs to scam sites in emails though, and only mention them by name... hope that won't be enough to raise any flags  :-\

mouser:
yep, it was an oversight -- i'm usually pretty good at making sure we dont have direct links in the email newsletters but this one slipped by me.

app103:
the way these sites operate is that they send you for example photoshop cs3 cd/dvd but without the serial numbers or registration codes, as they are sold as backup copies. So in essence you are paying $60+ for a backup copy of software you supposedly already own. and that is the only way these copies are legal.
-PaladinMJ (February 22, 2008, 06:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, taking a close look on the site, I get the impression that they don't ship any disks to you. They give you download links. I am also getting the impression this is common cracked warez they are selling.

Looking at the customer testimonials, I am also getting the impression they offer 'customer support' for using their supplied cracks.

And if you email them to say anything nice that they want to use on the site, they are likely to advertise your real name to the world as someone using their cracked software.

Darwin:
[/url])[/i]
And if you email them to say anything nice that they want to use on the site, they are likely to advertise your real name to the world as someone using their cracked software.
-app103 (February 23, 2008, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, heh, that was the thing that jumped out at me as well  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version