ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Jibz's Tools

Dina font in size 7, 6.5 or 6 ?

<< < (3/5) > >>

ewemoa:
I can get 3 80 columns terminals/editors side-by-side
-tartley (July 25, 2013, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I appreciate being able to do this.

Jibz:
Fun!
-mouser (August 20, 2013, 04:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it is! ;D There is something fascinating about the expressiveness you can get from so few pixels, how much moving a pixel or two around can matter for readability and feel.

But it is also very time-consuming, and I always end up spending hours trying out possibilities, checking how they look in different programming languages, and agonizing over what choices are best :-[.

FWIW, I'm sure you're already very aware of things like this, but one requirement I'd really like is to preserve the visible distinction between '(' and '{'. In Terminus, for example, they are only a pixel or two different, but in Dina they are really distinct, which is great.
-tartley (August 20, 2013, 05:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, being able to clearly distinguish the characters used in programming languages is a high priority :Thmbsup:.

cranioscopical:
But it is also very time-consuming-Jibz (August 20, 2013, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Just a little appreciation...
 :greenclp:

Jibz:
Thanks cranioscopical :-*.

I am tweaking the 6 point version, and moving some of the changes to the other sizes at the moment. I think it's looking quite good, though it is very dense.

Here is a comparison of a snippet of C in Dina 8 and 6:

And here are sets of common characters at 6, 8, and 10:

mouser:
both look awesome  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version