Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 22, 2014, 10:38:38 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: InstantStorm: Freeware to make Flash based screensavers  (Read 8866 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 14, 2008, 11:07:16 PM »

I meant to post about this a while ago.  There are a number of such tools to make screensavers out of Adobe Flash movies, here's a nice new free one, created by two 18yr old authors.

InstantStorm is a Windows freeware tool for creating Flash based screensavers with many advanced features. All you have to do is to choose a SWF file, set screensaver parameters and compile an executable installer.

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 01:07:32 AM »

Good link thanks! Will come in handy in the future! I never understand how to make a screensaver from an exe file, renaming doesn't seem to do the trick.

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 03:03:49 AM »

OH GOD!  Does that mean I can convert that damn 'How far can you throw a paper plane?', (http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=11601.0), thing to a screensaver ?

Nothing's ever going to get done around here now.....................  Sad
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 03:07:04 AM by 4wd » Logged

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 03:24:20 AM »

Grin When you do that, 4wd, please post it on DC! Wink

4wd
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 03:37:46 AM »

Grin When you do that, 4wd, please post it on DC! Wink

I've done it, easier than I thought.

Sorry, can't post a link......I'm waiting for the screensaver to appear.............

Damn YOU mouser  mad

EDIT: Oh OK....I shouldn't be the only one not getting anything done  tongue   (You need to hit a key to exit.)

* PP.exe (1621.16 KB - downloaded 278 times.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:01:40 AM by 4wd » Logged

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 05:49:35 AM »

Hmm... it is really not all the same *fun* to play this version, because I cannot cheat and have the mouse enter from the other side of the screen - the mouse will not let go of the plane. But thanks, anyway, 4wd!

-

Edited:
I used the previous version of Instant Storm to make a screensaver from Pink Floyd's Painted Ladies

--
Rename to .scr No, that was not the way to do it. Here's a zipped version instead:
* PaintedLadies.zip (2024.68 KB - downloaded 340 times.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:21:08 AM by Curt » Logged
4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »

Hmm... it is really not all the same *fun* to play this version, because I cannot cheat and have the mouse enter from the other side of the screen - the mouse will not let go of the plane. But thanks, anyway, 4wd!

Into everything a little cr@p must flow  cheesy

I managed to get 66m playing the screensaver version.

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:00:11 AM »

66m

any tricks? I mean: I was almost proud when I finally passed through the window!
ghacks
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 05:53:06 AM »

That is a very nice application. I used it to create screensavers from Youtube videos, just had to convert the flv to swf format first. Wrote a how to on my blog about it Wink I really like my Day of the Tentacle video walkthrough screensaver, hehe.
4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 05:57:38 PM »

66m

any tricks? I mean: I was almost proud when I finally passed through the window!

Bump up your mouse dpi as far as it will go, max out the acceleration (so a twitch sends it across the screen - Logitech mice=good), then just keep at it until you hit the right point  cheesy

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:59:09 PM by 4wd » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.18 ]