ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

KVM switch w/DVI?

<< < (2/2)

wnitzan:
I've been using an

Avocent 2SVDVI10-001

DVI/USB KVM for a few months now.

It's working great for both 1600x1200 display and USB peripherals, but it's relatively expensive.
If you buy it, read the first review on newegg.com for how to use it correctly.

f0dder:
Hm, it's reviews on newegg don't sound too promising:
Unstable, mouse and keyboard frequently drop, DVI won't work when attached to my docking station
--- End quote ---
Keyboard suddently started repeating wildly. Had to shut down the unit by disconnecting the power supply, disconnecting the USB cables from both computers, and shutting down both computers.
--- End quote ---
Called the company, asked if the KVM was fully Dual-Link DVI (i.e. large resolutions 1920x1600 or larger). Company said fully compliant. Hooked it up, and although the connectors are Dual Link, the internals are Single Link.
--- End quote ---

...I think I'll pass, for now. But thanks for pointing me at it anyway, I'll probably go for a DVI KVM eventually, as it is somewhat annoying having to do 8 button presses to switch my monitor between the analog and digital inputs...

Lashiec:
8 button presses? I only have to do 3 :D

f0dder:
8 button presses? I only have to do 3 :D-Lashiec (February 23, 2008, 06:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wish my monitor was that user friendly :)

Hm, one of my monitors (can't remember if it's the older analog-only or my primary one) has an USB connection and can be controlled via software... perhaps I should look into that a bit more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version