ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

App and Web app solution

<< < (2/2)

iphigenie:
Nxqd3051990, I assume you already have space and you are curious about advice on a set up?

I used to have a "daily" backup which would simply copy my important files from all over the place (in mydocuments, application settings, application's own directory, my own directories etc.) to one place on my local machine - that's more a backup from my stupidity deleting thing.

Then i would backup weekly automatically, sometimes more often manually, to a drive somewhere else

I would always put something automatic, I know I might forget if I don't. The challenge is maintaining the list as new applications add new folders, and I wish I remembered the piece of software i tried years ago that did a pretty good job at finding files to backup on its own...

But at the moment i dont backup online, just 2 usb drives, one which i take away on a rotation... online would be better but i always thought it'd be slow...

mnemonic:
But at the moment i dont backup online, just 2 usb drives, one which i take away on a rotation... online would be better but i always thought it'd be slow...
-iphigenie (February 02, 2008, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, the initial backup is slow and can take days, but once it's over it improves.  Mine is set to backup once an hour and takes seconds on a standard broadband connection.

Nxqd3051990:
I don't have any options to use Mozy or Jungle Disk. I've found my best solution for this is gather all files I need to backup in one place, package them and upload to box.net ( I've 5Gb free account here )
Ya, now, I can use fast software without worrying :D  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version