topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:58 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gridmove and Ultramon  (Read 7860 times)

orcsbr

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Gridmove and Ultramon
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:43 AM »
I`m running Gridmove with Ultramon in Vista Ultimate 64. Dual monitor setup with "smart taskbar" feature enabled on ultramon, which creates a second taskbar on the secondary display that only indicates application windows that are open on THAT display.

Turns out there is a little bit of a problem, more like an annoyance: the grids on the secondary monitor do not consider the smart taskbar from ultramon, so that application windows fade behind the smart taskbar.

I have to right click on gridmove icon on the tray and choose the "reload" function for Gridmove to start considering the presence of the second taskbar.

It`s pretty much like Gridmove is starting up on boot before Ultramon, so when it runs for the first time, the smart taskbar isn't there for it to take notice.

Anyone has an idea on how to make gridmove only run after ultramon has created the smart taskbar?

Thanks for the GREAT app.

-Paulo

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Gridmove and Ultramon
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 11:54 AM »
Oh, i see the problem.

You're right, probably gridmove is starting after Ultramon and causing that.

On a recent version, gridmove had the ability to detect these situations and reload itself, but that caused serious trouble with some people, and i left that on hold to be reintroduced when i test it with my second monitor. (in about 2-3weeks, because right now i'm at my parents').

Right now, the solution i'd recommend would be that you use startup delayer which allows you to delay the start of some programs at windows startup.

[edit] bah... I enabled that detection and compiled a new version and attached it to this post. I just hope you won't have the problems other people had [/edit]