ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FScript Javascript SDK - Write FARR plugins in javascript and more.

<< < (12/17) > >>

ewemoa:
I tried uninstalling Python 2.6.x and installing Python 3.x -- didn't seem to work here [1], but may be other people will experience differently.

There's a bit at:

http://activestate.com/activepython/python3/

that says:

Many 3rd-party modules and extensions that you may depend upon may not yet be available for Python 3. [Currently this includes the Python for Windows (pywin32) extensions that are a default part of ActivePython on Windows.] As a result you may want to continue to use Python 2 for the time being. However, you can safely install both ActivePython 2.6 and ActivePython 3.0 side-by-side on your computer so that you can experiment with Python 3 while still using Python 2 for your current code.
Python 3.0 is Python's future, however the Python 2.x line will continue to see new releases for some time to allow for a long and smooth transition. ActivePython 2.6 is the latest ActivePython 2.x release.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps the part in bold-face is related...

Ah, I didn't mention this earlier, but my sense of the corrupt text was that this happens if some of certain variables (e.g. releasedatestring) are not defined.

[1] I didn't even notice the plugin appearing...

ChrisVN:
[1] I didn't even notice the plugin appearing...-ewemoa (March 02, 2009, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is exactly what happend to me at first.
(I don't know what has changed that the plugin finally showed up)

-> Seems like I will have to work with Python v2.6

But I will also try this at first:
Ah, I didn't mention this earlier, but my sense of the corrupt text was that this happens if some of certain variables (e.g. releasedatestring) are not defined.-ewemoa (March 02, 2009, 03:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

ChrisVN:
Special thanks to ewemoa - 2 of your tips did the trick  :D

Trick #1: Python v3 is NOT working
After installing Python 2.6 the plug-in showed up in the list

Trick #2: Python requires the whole signature for onSearchBegin
Even though the java script samples don't use the whole signature, python seems to need all parameters including "modifierstring" and "triggermethod"

A big 'thank you' for the useful tips
now I can go on and experience the new possibilities.

ewemoa:
Great to hear it's working  :Thmbsup:

ecaradec:
ChrisVN : Thank you for sharing your findings.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version