ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FScript Javascript SDK - Write FARR plugins in javascript and more.

<< < (5/17) > >>

mouser:
When a plugin returns a result item, it gives it a score.  The score determines where the result is ranked in the result list.  The PostProcessing option tells FARR how to use this score:

* IMMEDIATE_DISPLAY=0 -- this tells FARR to use the plugin's score directly and do nothing more with the score
* ADDSCORE=1 -- this tells FARR to take the score given by the plugin and then add its own score to it based on how well it matches other stuff, BUT also instructs FARR to never reject the result (it will be shown no matter what the score)
* MATCH_AGAINST_SEARCH=2 -- this tells FARR to add it's own score to the plugin score and to reject the result if it doesnt match the rest of the search string.  this would be the method of choice if you want FARR to figure out whether to show the result or not based on the search string.  i guess this option is the most common and useful one.

mouser:
1. Is it possible to stop FARR closing when a result is double-clicked?
--- End quote ---
add " /stayopen" to the end of the launch result to tell FARR to stay open after launching.

2. Can I get information from the found item into the EditBox?
--- End quote ---
there may be something i can do to improve the case of dragging and dropping into edit box or chooding jump to directory for these cases, but regardless, i think what you are wanting to, if i understand it which i might not, is to populate your results like this:
choice 1 | restartsearch tz pacific/auckland
choice 2 | restartsearch tz usa
etc

the restartsearch launch command will put the text that follows into the edit box when the item is selected, so it lets you build things like menus in FARR results.

Perry Mowbray:
1. Is it possible to stop FARR closing when a result is double-clicked?
--- End quote ---
add " /stayopen" to the end of the launch result to tell FARR to stay open after launching.-mouser (June 21, 2008, 10:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK: pretty sure that that option is not available in this Plugin? Could onProcessTrigger return a result??

2. Can I get information from the found item into the EditBox?
--- End quote ---
there may be something i can do to improve the case of dragging and dropping into edit box or chooding jump to directory for these cases, but regardless, i think what you are wanting to, if i understand it which i might not, is to populate your results like this:
choice 1 | restartsearch tz pacific/auckland
choice 2 | restartsearch tz usa
etc

the restartsearch launch command will put the text that follows into the edit box when the item is selected, so it lets you build things like menus in FARR results.-mouser (June 21, 2008, 10:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, that sounds perfect: but again, I'm pretty sure that that command is not available in the Fscript plugin?

ecaradec?? I'd love to have that command  :-*

mouser:
couple of things:
you can create an .alias file and include it inside your plugin directory.
this can be extremely useful in terms of building helper menus like those shown above to work hand-in-hand with your plugin.

as far as stayopen not being available in the plugin, two things:
you specify /stayopen when you call from the plugin the set_strval("launch","file_to_launch /stayopen") like that
or add it to the end of your result that you return from your plugin.

OR if you are doing a takeover of the OnProcessTrigger, ecaradec just added the ability to tell farr not to close -- you return a value of 1 from that event function. BUT BUT BUT -- i don't think ecaradec has made that new version of fscript public yet (1.6) so you need that first.

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks for the tip on .alias files. Wasn't aware.

What I'm trying to do is present some matches from the user entered query. The user can select one of the matches, which will be added to the EditBox (Like what happens when you are browsing the FileSystem in FARR). Then FARR reSearches on the new string and presents other options. So very similar to browsing the filesystem in FARR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version