topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Wrike - the most practical project management tool  (Read 14396 times)

Wrike

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wrike - the most practical project management tool
« on: February 07, 2008, 02:59 AM »
Wrike allows you to manage multiple projects collaboratively in a very simple way. You create tasks by adding [email protected] to the e-mail recipients – that is, your team members, your partners or your clients. The task immediately gets into Wrike, and all of you can make changes as you achieve some progress. If anybody makes updates, you are automatically informed about it. Thus, your whole team stays on the same page. Every task is shared with the appropriate people, so you can manage product launch plans with the marketing and engineering departments, keep track of sales leads and log issues in one place. You group similar tasks by team, product, department, process, etc.  You build hierarchies and put tasks in several groups, if necessary.  In short, you organize your plans in Wrike just the way you keep them in your mind. Therefore, Wrike helps you get visibility across multiple projects, involve stakeholders and save time on communications every day.

Wrike (http://www.wrike.com) is the leading on-demand, online project management solution. It provides executives a unique platform for managing many projects in one workspace and easily getting reports across all projects. Wrike’s collaboration features give a significant productivity gain to diverse small and midsize companies (http://www.wrike.com/stories.html). Its e-mail integration is the most advanced in the project management space. Wrike Inc. has patents pending.

Founded in 2003, Wrike Inc. is a privately held corporation located in California.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Wrike - the most practical project management tool
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 06:36 PM »
welcome to the site.

how about attaching a screenshot or two? (you can modify your post and attach images)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:46 AM »
I've no experience with project management (I barely manage it on my own, never mind in conjunction with others)
but that looks good -
I know someone else though looking for something along those lines, will refer them
Tom

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 06:40 AM »
it seems to be a project planning tool for people following agile methodologies, but working with outlook/exchange. Lots of emphasis on capturing user stories and specification etc. which not many tools have.

2 such sites to try in as many days... here goes my weekend!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 06:51 AM »
2 such sites to try in as many days... here goes my weekend!

do let us know how you get on!!
Tom

Wrike

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Guys, thanks for checking out the site. Wrike is really made for those companies where project management depends heavily on email. We use our tool for it's development as well. From our personal experience: it's perfect for Scrum. We even posted about it http://www.wrike.com...velopment_more_agile

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:28 AM »
I spent over an hour setting up folders for my projects and divisions (I like the dynamic idea to have different hierarchies and have tasks appear in multiple places - although I dont like the way this pollutes the timeline with bars for every folder and subfolder)

I could only add one task  - after I added 1 task it told me that I have used up all 10 tasks that my demo allows.

I have figured out that it must be the tasks in your quickstart/help folder, but how many customers might not bother to try to think it through? Also it would be nice to be able to keep that reference around so have them not count towards the 10

PS: 10 seems a really low amount as well to really test a tool, especially since in agile methods you generate LOTS of tiny tasks

Wrike

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 01:50 AM »
iphigenie,
We've changed the default configuration, so now there is much less pre-set tasks. Then, you can always sign up for a 30-day trial that does not have any limitations, except for time. You are free to cancel it anytime too, without having to pay.
As for timeline, you can view it folder-by folder, this way you have a chance to concentrate on some particular part of the project and you won't need to look through all the tasks of your entire project plan.
By the way, we've launched our new enterprise version that features tasks dependencies. Check it out! -https://www.wrike.com/gotoregistration.htm?account=trial As always, there's a free 30-day trial.

DavidRoggers

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 03:59 AM »
Hi, TWrike is great; we have been using this software for quite a while, however, we had to shift to 5pm once our international teams grew. Now I have shifted to 5pm for its great Gantt interface.

sujayg

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 12:17 PM »
I think Trello is the best . I had posted a small comparison on the project management tools - https://coderbits.com/posts/vbBv2Q

Sujay

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 02:02 PM »
Kinda a bit odd posting history here so lemme add a "clueless layman" perspective to all of this.

I am growing a bit grumpy at 30 day trials because they are a bit too short to actually do something short of tease. This is Project Mgt software right? What projects needing software are ever done in 30 days? 30 is just a cute round number. The only reason people pick 30 is because it looks nice and cute rather than 28 or 31 because we like round looking numbers more than actual month lengths!

I'd suggest a 99 day trial. You know, 3 actual months plus a couple days from Thursday to Tuesday when someone finally gets serious.

From a whole other angle, in Biz school they teach you that you have to be ready to burn years of funding before a biz gets profitable, so why do software devs decide they have rights to expect 3 month profits or bust?

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 03:10 PM »
I think Trello is the best . I had posted a small comparison on the project management tools - https://coderbits.com/posts/vbBv2Q

Sujay

I like Trello. It reminds me of using digital sticky notes, which I have done for years. Only with Trello, it's collaborative. :)