topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Seeking free photo organiser that uses gmail to email photo's  (Read 6968 times)

karlyRana

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Whispered Dreams
    • Donate to Member
Just like Picasa, that isn't working anymore  :tellme:
I cant find anything that will find, organise, and then compress my photo's for fast emailing through gmail.
I find ones for yahoo and hotmail and outlook express, but nothing else for gmail.
Does anybody know of anything like this? I am desperate to send a TON of photo's and cant!
Any advise would be very much appreciated! :Thmbsup:
karly  :)
People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Seeking free photo organiser that uses gmail to email photo's
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 02:22 AM »
Just like Picasa, that isn't working anymore  :tellme:

what's wrong with it?
seems like a good solution to fix it if possible?
Tom

karlyRana

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Whispered Dreams
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:32 AM »
What it does, is after it finds all of my pictures, they are there in folders, and then viola! They are gone!
Everysingle time I open the program up it scans the pc for those same said photo's, put's them in folders, then they disappear.
I've done everything I know...deleted and downloaded a new copy, made sure there are no bug fixes available, stared for minutes on end clicking every button to see where my photo's have gone  :-\
Nothing has helped as of yet. Even the fresh download does the same thing.
Very frustrated karly >:(
People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:41 AM »
I may be missing something here, but can't you put all the pictures into one folder, and then put that folder inside a zip file, and then just email that?
[Insert really cool signature here]

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:49 AM »
Assuming there are lots of photos needing to be emailed, that ZIP could total GB (I have almost 4GB of photos right now).

Picasa is a great little program, the problem is it has lots of options and it might be hiding the photos - gotta fiddle with options and show all the folders and whatnot (it can become a confusing process).

karlyRana

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Whispered Dreams
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:10 AM »
The problem I have with putting the pictures in a zip, which I have tested with just 1 photo, is the GB, gmail, and my dial up. That 1 photo, zipped, took 20 minutes to send!  :'( ( and was 1.17 mb )
And I than you so much for your advice y'all  :Thmbsup:
I have fiddled with every button avaulable lol...they are just "gone!" But the thing of it is, that EVERY time I open it up, it re searches for them. Then does what I explained.
I was thinking about seeing if I could find an older version, if this wouldn't happen.
What a bummer! I wish there were more than just this program that does everything Picasa does :(

karlyRana

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Whispered Dreams
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Well I uninstalled, then installed an older version, and it found all the photo's. I then closed and reopened it, and it scanned again, and my pictures disappeared again. So I found in options a dinky place where you can set it to ALWAYS scan, which was on (and a new feature I believe?).
So I downloaded the newest version, again, and was not able to use any tools when you first start it up, so it scanned, found and all was good. I then was able to set the option to only scan once, and cringed the whole time it RE SCANNED AGAIN! But the photo's where left there!
Then I turned on the detect any new images, and shut her down. I just opened it up again and it is SCANNING again!  :-\ I hope my photo's are still there when it is done in about 25 minutes  :down:
See WHY I want a different program?  :P
Karly  :huh:

karlyRana

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Whispered Dreams
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 02:21 PM »
Well I quit! I gave it my best...it didn't work  :'( I've been beaten by a piece of software :(